Father's Day Fun, 2 dogs, 2 kids

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

wantachow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Father's Day Fun, 2 dogs, 2 kids

Post by wantachow »

It was an absolutely wonderful day here for our family. Beautiful weather, great kids, great dogs. I really enjoyed watching the dogs and kids play today. I almost feel like my family is completel having Sula, is that weird? My Hubby took a ton of Pictures, hope you all enjoy them. By the way, just like the "chows and kids" thread proves, chows really can be awesome with kids; Sula is reallhy great with my two.
Sula also met my In Laws Saint Bernard, Daisy; and their Shih Tzu/Lhapso Apso mix, Bentley. She got along with all of them. She checked everyone out, but didn't really pay much attention to anyone, but her 'people' ofcourse. I absolutely am in love with the chow personality. I think it is awesome how they can go on their own to sleep and don't need to be right up your butt all the time! (like my shar pei!)

Anyway, here's the link to my photo album.

PS Happy Father's Day.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5 ... =509190872
Ginger Bears Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Father's Day Fun, 2 dogs, 2 kids

Post by Ginger Bears Mom »

Kristen, the pic's are awesome, thanks so much for sharing, Sula is a very pretty little chowling!
Betty, Ziggy's Mom
Ginger Bears Mom ~ In Loving Memory, 8.5.93 - 11.16.07

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next."
shannlee379
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shannlee379 »

Thanks for sharing. It's great to see everyone is getting along.
Shannon & Shelby...
wantachow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wantachow »

60 views and ONLY 2 people comment?
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Wow, I've never seen a blue Shar-pei. He's a stunner...... guess you like the colour blue then :wink: :lol:
Thank you Elodie!
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

omg!! what beautiful pictures. your girls are adorable. sula is a cute lil chowling. are his eyes blue???? inoki is a striking dog. is he part pit bull too?? great lookin family all around.(mom too). i love the one where sula is sitting on ur daughters lap in the car. too cute.
where were these pics taken? it looks like such a peaceful place.
thanks for sharing, keep em coming.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
socialwork555
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by socialwork555 »

Yeah, it's funny how that one more dog makes everything complete. I was surprised how whole our family felt once we got the "Paz." There's a whole new energy in the house now that Gordo is never without canine companionship!

I love the way your furball is trying to see the kids from the back of the car!
Christine and Paz

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I LOVE the pictures! Sual is just the cutest little baby puppy! :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
OZZY13849
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by OZZY13849 »

Beautiful dogs, beautiful family, beautiful scenery! Where were these pictures taken? Do you live close?
Thanks for sharing :D
wantachow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wantachow »

janet wrote:omg!! what beautiful pictures. your girls are adorable. sula is a cute lil chowling. are his eyes blue???? inoki is a striking dog. is he part pit bull too?? great lookin family all around.(mom too). i love the one where sula is sitting on ur daughters lap in the car. too cute.
where were these pics taken? it looks like such a peaceful place.
thanks for sharing, keep em coming.
Hi there, thanks so much! Yes her eyes are still a bluish grey colour, I was wondering today if they will change soon. As for Inoki he is pure bred Chinese Shar Pei, he's just a bone mouth not meat mouth. Alot of them now have really over done wrinkling (American style), Inoki is more the classic Chinese style Pei.
We live in the Okanagan in British Columbia, Canada. We are very blessed here in the Okanagan, it is a valley so there are lush mountains all around and lakes/beach on both the North and South end of town.
wantachow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wantachow »

Layla wrote:Wow, I've never seen a blue Shar-pei. He's a stunner...... guess you like the colour blue then :wink: :lol:

Haha yes I adore blue shar pei as well. Actually I had my eye on the red female, it was my older daughter who did the wonderful job of choosing Sula.
wantachow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wantachow »

socialwork555 wrote:Yeah, it's funny how that one more dog makes everything complete. I was surprised how whole our family felt once we got the "Paz." There's a whole new energy in the house now that Gordo is never without canine companionship!

I love the way your furball is trying to see the kids from the back of the car!
haha I know that was too cute in the truck! She's really great with the kids. After we get home from somewhere she greets us all with tons of purple kisses.
I definately do feel more complete, and definately more busy! lol
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Lovely photos, hope you dont mind that I saved a couple, for my scrapbook, and I love your shar pei, I had one as well a few years ago, he was a rescue, but had cancer and I had to have him pts only three months after I got him, he had never been looked after by his previous owners and neve seen a vet, Sad, but I was even sadder to loose him. Wonderful dogs, but still love the Chow Best.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

wantachow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wantachow »

Yes Shar Pei are really great and I do love the breed. However I enjoy the chow breed how they don't mind being on their own sometimes! I really enjoy that Sula can come smother me with kisses and cuddles for a bit but then she's happy to go lay on the cold tiles in the kitchen. My Shar Pei has always been a bit TOO needy! haha
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

wantachow wrote:60 views and ONLY 2 people comment?
Yep, that's about the correct ratio. It isn't that they didn't think your furbabies are the cutest (they are), many folks just don't give written comments. They likely sat at the puter and went, "Awwwww..." . Sometimes when I see a cute photo, Haley and I discuss it, and I may, or may not leave a comment, depending on my time limitations.

I love the way your 2 babies are the same color (down to the tongue), but so different in style!
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

wantachow wrote:60 views and ONLY 2 people comment?
I confess -- I looked and didn't comment at the time! Sula is beautiful and so is the Sharpei. I have always wondered how similar in temperment/behaviors the sharpei are to our chows, since they are closely related. I have chowling envy, however and would really like to have Sula come and visit. It's been a really long time since there have been any chowlings zooming around my home--actually it was an apartment and two houses ago #-o

There is a tread on here about white markings on black and blue chows called chinchilla markings, does Sula have those?

=; Cinder here: Just so you know, you can't trust my mom with your chowling. Mom said Teddy was a foster and explained that meant he was visiting until he found his own forever home. Well, guess what, now he is staying here forever! :shock: And he was a grownup chow! Mom says the babies are cuter yet, so there is no way one will ever get back out of here. We have enough chows here now, somedays one too many for me. So you just keep that baby chow with you, ok?
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868