White Tails???

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

White Tails???

Post by vicster605 »

Up until Southern Chow Fest when Sam brought his Ol' Black Betty....I never knew there were Black Chows with white tails or even white in their tails. I really keep trying to see :shock: :shock: the back sides of the Blacks that have it......and nobody will turn those puppies around for me to admire them......
GOT ANY PICS???? PLEAAASSSSE ANYONE!!!! I think its the coolest thing ever and I have only seen Ol' Black Betty from the back :lol: Kearra only has 1 white hair in her tail and I'm careful not to brush it out LOL!!!

Thanks Sweetpea!
Ginger Bears Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: White Tails???

Post by Ginger Bears Mom »

Funny you mention that lone white hair Ziggy has one in his tail, will try to get a picture of it, I love it too and try not to brush it out. Thought it was just cause we do not know who/what his parents are. I just love this skunk tail photo we have of him as a puppy.
No wait he is a skunk!.jpg
No wait he is a skunk!.jpg (90.23 KiB) Viewed 9929 times
Sorry it is so large having problems with the computer tonight.
Betty, Ziggy's Mom
Ginger Bears Mom ~ In Loving Memory, 8.5.93 - 11.16.07

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next."
Sahara91
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sahara91 »

The pics aren't great, but you mean like this?

Xhena was pure black when I picked her up at 7wks, but as she's grown older her tail has become whiter and whiter. She is regularly called a gorilla by people who see her, as the silver streaks in her tail remind them of a silverback gorilla :roll:

Will try and get some better pics of it.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Yup, exactly like that.....wonder if I'm the only one who thinks this is just too pretty??? Would love to see more.....Hey so maybe as Kearra gets older she may get a couple more white hairs then LOL!!! 8)

Thanks Sweetpea!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Alf's always had his chinchilla markings :D

12 weeks old

Thanksgiving 07

After leg surgery

These are from the last week

Ginger Bears Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ginger Bears Mom »

Layla, those are great pic's, guess I have not seen that many black Chow hinies, I love the Chinchilla strips~
Betty, Ziggy's Mom
Ginger Bears Mom ~ In Loving Memory, 8.5.93 - 11.16.07

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next."
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Layla I have been waitin' for you to turn Alf around.....every pic of him I try and see how much white he has back there.....but I can't see......I LOVE his tail!!!! And it looks like he is gonna have alot of white in his pants too :D
Is it called something when they have the white???? Or are they still just considered a Black???

Thanks Sweetpea!
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

vicster605 wrote:Layla I have been waitin' for you to turn Alf around.....every pic of him I try and see how much white he has back there.....but I can't see......I LOVE his tail!!!! And it looks like he is gonna have alot of white in his pants too :D
Is it called something when they have the white???? Or are they still just considered a Black???
Technically, I believe the term is adorable.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

vicster605 wrote:Layla I have been waitin' for you to turn Alf around.....every pic of him I try and see how much white he has back there.....but I can't see......I LOVE his tail!!!! And it looks like he is gonna have alot of white in his pants too :D
Vicki,

they are still called a black. The white bits are called chinchilla markings.

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Alf likes to think of his chinchilla markings as his colour's shading. The other colours get to have shading, his just gets a special name :wink: :lol:

I know that the markings are allowable within the breed standard but I don't know how much they are liked.....

Chowfancier- he's such a bratty brat at the moment, adorable is a way behind us, & a way in the future.... Millie would like to trade him..... Dh agrees..... :wink:
Thank you Elodie!
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Just send him here. Cinder will teach him to respect his elders. And Teddy could use a playmate, right now he is wrestling with a throw pillow, all by his lonesome.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

chow fancier wrote:Just send him here. Cinder will teach him to respect his elders. And Teddy could use a playmate, right now he is wrestling with a throw pillow, all by his lonesome.
Cinder could try.... Millie is a tough boss but he's just irrepressable!
Thank you Elodie!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

LOL, I love this thread! Special has a few white hairs here and there in his tail and on his butt, but that's it.

Jerilyn, I LOVE your "technical terms." :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Well, there you have it......Now you know what my next Chow will look like LOL!!! We all have to pick them out WAY ahead of time, ya know LOL!!! Goes to show you, that I will never be without one or two in my life from now on :lol: :lol:
Do they have their Chinchilla markings as babies or do you know if they will have them or not????

Thanks Sweetpea!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

vicster605 wrote:Do they have their Chinchilla markings as babies or do you know if they will have them or not????
Alf had the tail markings at 9 weeks. Not sure about prior to that as I didn't know him then!

When he came home at 11 weeks he had very definate tail marksings & a little grey in his pants :D
Thank you Elodie!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Oh thats it, I'm IN LOVE with Alf!!!!! You have to post his back side for me every now and then so I can see how much his markings are growin' in and how white he gets back there ok Layla :wink: I LOVE IT!!!
Now one more question....anyone know if Blues get chinchilla markings??? Kyra has completely lost her baby coat....its seems all at one time since she was recently spayed.....and she is growin' in some white hairs in her tail....haven't ever seem one but I noticed Holden has quite a few in his tail too. Just a wonderin' how much white they can actually get??? Anyone know???

Thanks Sweetpea!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Chloe had markings like Alf...hers have spread out through her tail now and lost the skunk stripe look. :D Hubby kept telling her she needed some Miss Clairol! She didn't have them at 8 weeks but I can't remember how old she was when it started...maybe 3 mos. Now her tail just has a salt and pepper look to it.
Isn't it Janets girl who has alot of white on her tail? I can't remember...getting old you know. :shock:
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Lise's Mia has a huge bit of white in her tail & pants

Thank you Elodie!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

OMG isn't that just the coolest thing.....Mia is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You guys think I should get a divorce and get another Chow???? :idea: Darn I wish he wasn't such a GOOD guy sometimes :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

That's it...Mia. I thought of her later...told you I am getting old! :lol:
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Sahara91
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sahara91 »

Here we go - especially for you :wink:

Xhena had no markings when she was a young pup, they started appearing at around 14wks and have got more and more pronounced as she's got older. She's now 7mths.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Cute as anything that girl :D
Thank you Elodie!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

WOW!!! What a BEAUTY!!!

Thanks Sweetpea!
weenis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by weenis »

vicster605 wrote:Now one more question....anyone know if Blues get chinchilla markings???
Yes.

Blues can get chinchilla markings :D

FYI, the baby gate is for the baby ;-) Zoe gets to go upstairs at night as part of her guard duty.
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

ImageImageImage