Koda is GROWING..

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

BearsMomma
Rank 0
Rank 0

Koda is GROWING..

Post by BearsMomma »

And boy do I mean GROWING!! He is getting so darn big that I have to lock him away at night because he will jump on my bed and literally try to smother me to death. Kisses are his favorite, but he has this terrible habit of crushing my ribs when he decides to stand on me! We are working on this, and it's been getting better. =D=

He's so happy though, he looks like he is hopping when he runs, and when he runs he does not care what he tramples in the mean time.. lol.

He has been doing awesome when it comes to crate training, however he has now decided that he needs more than a puppy pad.. he went running to the cat box, jumped in, and took a pee......... :lol: I have to admit that I was shocked and I couldn't believe that my dog took to using the litter box! :P

He LOVES his bones, loves to turn his dog beds and puppy pads into SNOW, and attacks strange things.. like the water bowl and sponges? Not attack them as in aggressively, but he will pick up the bowl, tip it over, then run around with it, drop it, run around the room, and repeat his routine. He cracks me up! :lol: Today he somehow got a sponge.. and did the same thing with it.

He is a clingy boy, and never leaves me. He likes to be up in my face ALL the time. I think he sleeps in my bed more than I do!

He loves to go through things.. last night he dumped out my mom's purse and took off with her cell phone.. :shock: Her things were all over the place, hahaha.

He is a GREAT Chow Chow, just like my Princess was. I have been socializing him as much as possible, feeding him with the cats and other dogs when I get the chance.. if my mom's Yorkie growls at him, he tilts his head and looks at her.. instead of attacking her. Most Chow Chows WON'T share food, period. But he is doing a fabulous job in proving himself as being a good boy! My Princess would never have shared food with anything.

Our only major setback is walking.. Koda is afraid of leashes, he doesn't mind his collar, but when he sees a leash he gets wound up.. If I attach it to him, he will stop dead in his tracks and not move, no matter how long I leave it attached to him, he just will not move with it attached. I've been told to "drag" him and try to keep walking.. I tried it for all of 10 seconds before I just couldn't do it anymore. He yelps and cries, then he tries attacking the leash, he will literally fall to the ground and roll to try and get it off of him. I can't help but feel like he's been beaten with a leash before. :(

Here is my baby. :D

This bone is delicious!

Just being crazy..lol
Last edited by BearsMomma on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda and Koda Bear
I miss you Princess Ann. 1/1/00 ~ 12/29/07. You were my best friend. I love you.
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Koda is GROWING..

Post by KathrynH »

Koda is GORGEOUS! I had the same problem w/ Buddha, anytime we tried to walk him he'd yelp like I was beating him :shock: :oops: One time I took him to a vet at Petsmart (our first and LAST visit), and he drug him across the floor by his collar, toward him...he did the same thing. I was PISSED! But he LOVE his leash now! I think they grow out of it.
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Every time I see a picture of one of the beautiful chows on this site, I think, "there can't be one more beautiful than THIS one!" And then, sure enough, another beauty shows up. Koda is a real beauty! He sounds like a wonderful boy!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
puddinglove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by puddinglove »

Koda is gorgeous! And such a good boy! You must be so proud of him!
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

OMG isn't he adorable. What a sweet face. How do you get anything done with that face following you around. I would be smushing and loving him all day. (mine can attest to that, I think he is glad I work to give him a break from me)LOL
SweetPea Rocks!!
BearsMomma
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BearsMomma »

Here are some pictures of my baby since he's grown.. :mrgreen: (Most are from my cell phone, but you get the idea. :D)

Trying to see just what he can destroy...

Beggar..

In his pool..

This is his couch..

(He ended up eating ALL of those pillows..) :lol:
Linda and Koda Bear
I miss you Princess Ann. 1/1/00 ~ 12/29/07. You were my best friend. I love you.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Koda looks great!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
BearsMomma
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BearsMomma »

Thanks!! :D
Linda and Koda Bear
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

What a cutie...he can come eat pillows at my house anytime.
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

Koda is a very handsome boy! And yes he has grown so much - it's funny how fast they all grow. :D