no Christmas this year

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

MoMo1224
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MoMo1224 »

Jaquie, I'm so so sorry for your lost. I adopted a kitty from Hurricane Katrina and fell in love with him so hard and fast. Because of the carcinogens in experienced in Louisiana, he developed cancer and passed away after only a year of being together. It's never easy to lose a pet but even harder when you feel like you didn't get enough time together. Just remember, it's the quality of life, not quantity, that matters. I know your boy was happy with you - you sound like the perfect chow mama.

We are all here for you and thinking of you at this time.

Thank you Sweetpea :)
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Jacquie,

I lost my 1st rescue chow, Mozart, right before his 5th birthday...he got loose and someone on a cell phone too busy to see him run into the road...hit him and killed him.
I loved him so and wanted to crawl into a hole. I had lost my Dad a few years before and lost my only sister and only sibling a few months before. It was all so devastating!
But I moved forward and rescued my JR and he is know as " big baby MoMo" since he was bigger and my Cheyenne is known as my "biggest baby MoMo" since she is even bigger.

It always made me feel better to believe that Mozart's spirit lives within each of my Chows and is their guardian chow angel. ...and I know that he does and that they honor his spirit everyday by being who they are.

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
chowgrl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chowgrl »

I hope you got through the holidays OK. It is one year ago this week that Maggie got sick and died, so it has been difficult for us as well. We toasted her and walked her favourite walks.

Take Care

Joanne
Chows Are For Life
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I thank everyone for thinking of me.and I know the holidays can be a hard time for some people but I can honestly say I have never felt like this before.I have come to realize that I may never get over this feeling.its such an overwhelming sadness.I don't mean to sound like a downer but I keep thinking its been almost 6 months and I am feeling this way.
I take great care of Chyna and Kai but my heart feels empty :cry:
I truly appreciate all the support.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

You will feel better - but you must let yourself now.
Start remembering the good times and smile, then think of the old Hebrew proverb. It goes like this:-

"Say not in grief he is no more, but in thankfulness he was." :)

Smile and think of him then cry a bit then smile a bit more and so on and gradually you will be smiling more than crying. He would not want you to be so sad!
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Jaqui, I am so sorry, It does get better with time but the pain never goes away. David
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Heart wrenching

Post by ChowLady »

Loosing your loving chow is so upsetting it just rips your heart out. I have not long lost one of my chows, she was the closest one to me, but they all love me in their own way, and I love all chows. Its hard at special times of the year when your loving baby is not with you but always remember that they are with you in spirit and will never leave your side, you just cant see them, as they are waiting just ahead of you around the bend.
Remember all the good times you had and the times you shared together.
I know its hard as I have my moments that I still break down and cry.
Hugs to all that have lost their loved baby/babies.