kitos story

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

kitos story

Post by jacqui »

I know this is late but I just wanted to tell kitos story because I can't stop thinking about him.
my 10 yr old chow tiko died suddenly from bone cancer on april 26,2007.I had only one day with him after he was diagnosed.he was the love of my life.so about 5 weeks after he passed I started thinking about finding a new little boy.I always wanted a smooth boy and they are very hard to find.I started making calls to breeders and I couldn't believe my good fortune to find a 4 month old boy.he was in another state so I flew down to get him and rented a car and drove about 20 hours home to mass. with him.he was an excellent passenger.I had a vet appt for him the next week.my joy was short lived when the vet discovered a heart problem.we had to see the cardiologist the next week.after an echo on his heart and many tests the dr. told me that kito had only 2-4 months to live.he had a congeital condition called pulmonic stenosis.he was dying.the dr.said he was not a good canidate for surgery as he had a very severe case and he would not live thru the surgery.
I could not believe that so we went to get a second opinion.that dr.thought with the surgery kito could live 2-4 years.well of course kito had the surgery.he was the happiest puppy I've ever seen.after the surgery I could not leave kito alone except to go to work.I knew he was going to be here long so we had to live a lifetime in a few short years.he loved to walk,hike swin,ride in the car and play with other dogs.when he was tired he would just sit down.when he didn't feel good he would crawl in my lap and fall asleep.he looked like a little stuffed animal.he stayed pretty small because of his heart condition.he lived to see christmas and his 1st birthday.we had a big party with some of his closest friends.yet,I cried everyday knowing he would not be with me too long.then in march he had a set back and developed a second leaky heart valve.it was down hill from there.he couldn't eat much after that and his tiny body was shrinking.on june 17,2007 kito had heart failure.the dr.told me that would happen at some point.he stayed in the hospital for 3 days in an oxegen tank.he came home,but he never recovered.we were at the hospital every other day for 2 weeks.he was such a brave little boy.he wanted so live so badly,but his heart was failing him.finally 2 weeks after the heart failure,when he couldn't keep food or water down and could barely stand up we had to let him go.I held him and kissed his face as the dr.gave him the lethal injection.that was july 1,2007.
I can't stop thinking of kito,theres not one minute that he is not on my mind.
to make matters worse the breeder wanted nothing to do with me once he knew about kitos heart condition.some people are just heartless.
I think his death waas especially hard because he was only 16 months old and he was my baby.I loved him with all my heart.
I'm sorry this is so long.
rest in peace my kito,I loved and miss you everyday.and I will see you again,I promise.

Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Ah Jacqui, that was a beautiful tribute to your handsome smoothie. They never really leave us when they go do they? I'm sure Kito & Milo are having a ball waiting for us to join them.

My heartfelt sympathies to you.

Layla
Thank you Elodie!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

That was a wonderful tribute to your sweet boy. Thank you for sharing your poignant, paiful story. It is hard losing our furkids. Some touch us so deeply, when they leave us, it hurts like hell. Bless you.
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

Aw, I cried as I read your story. I'm so sorry for your loss of both beloved boys.
~ Sally
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm so sorry that you lost both your boys. I'm sure they are both frolicking together though in the giant humting ground in the sky.

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I cried too, his life was short but you made up for it with the love and dedication too him

David
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of grief.

Your story is beautiful. Although his life was short, you gave Kito the best possible life and he left this world knowing what love really is. You are his personal angel.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

Oh Jacqui, I am still crying, the story was so beautiful and tender, and Kito was one lucky boy, I am so sorry for your losses and your pain, bless you, and thanks for letting us know about Kito.
Debra: Hobo and Milo's Mom
Banner by Sweetpea!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I am so sorry - just so sad.

"Say not in grief they are no more but in thankfulness they were." [:D]
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I am soooo sorry for your loss. I sat her crying as I read about your boys. My heart goes out to you [:D]

Thanks Sweetpea!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.there is so much more to say about my Kito that I could write a book.I miss him so much,it hurts.
I know we all miss our babies when they leave but Kito will always have an extra special place in my heart.
I really appreciate being able have this site to talk about our joys and sorrows of loving our chows.
blessing to all,
jacqui
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Bless your heart. Losing two loves so close together is so heart wrenching. They each touch us in a way that lasts a lifetime. While I am positive we never 'get over it', (i hate that term) hopefully the pain does lesson somewhat over time to be replaced with the warmth of memories and the love you shared.
You have the sympathy and understanding of all us on here who have lost the loves of our lives too.
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Jacqui,

I know how special Kito was to you.
I also know that sharing his story has been a
long time coming. It is courageous of you to
delve into the heartbreak that took Kito away
from you and share it here with us.
Through you, Kito has joined our chow-angel family.
Together, we laugh, we cry, we share the love our chowdren
have brought into our lives.
Like you and Kito, one day, we will all be together again.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

It was so very touching to read this wonderful tribute to your little boy. And how handsome he was. You are a truly special person, to have given this very special chow everything you could.

Reading this makes me want to go home and hug my own boy right this instant, (he's just a little over 16 months). I'm sure your story has reminded all of us on the site to be thankful for each day we have with them...even though there never are enough days.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!