Memorial- Precious is over the rainbow

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Memorial- Precious is over the rainbow

Post by bama »

Precious was a sick little girl, with Cushing's disease and dementia. I don't know that Precious would have gone on as long as she did, had it not been for the love and devotion of her mommy, Missi.
Missi had always heard, "when it's time, you will know".
As much as she tried to understand this, she did not, until the day when Precious let her know, "it is time, mommy".
Precious lay where she soiled and could not get up.
Missi took her baby to the vet to see what could be done to help her. All treatments had been exhausted.
The day had come, you know the one, when the heart-sinking, gut wrenching decision that none of us want to make, had to be made.
Precious, not only runs free and whole with the other chows over the rainbow, she has an extra gift...her beloved grandmother (Missi's mom) was waiting on the other side of the bridge for Precious.
May they both walk together side by side under the beautiful colors of the rainbow.
I know Missi would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Haley »

That's so sad... :(
Sylvia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sylvia »

I really enjoyed the pictures and stories of Precious and Naomi. I'm very sorry to hear of Precious' passing. My very best wishes to your family.
precious's mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by precious's mom »

Hi everyone. I know that I have hidden away in my own cave since I initially posted.

Bama - thank you so much for posting for me. I know that there were probably so many questions that you all had. Bama, you did a wonderful job pulling that hour long conversation we had into the thread that you posted.

Now that it has almost been a week, well, I wish I could say that I feel so much better or futher down the road, but I don't feel that way at all. I do know that I do not cry all day long anymore - I certainly still have my random outbursts and planned crying sessions just to cleanse myself and allow my grief to come out in it's time. I believe the emotion that is most overwhelming to me right now may still be denial or perhaps it's just numbness. With so many negative things having happened to me in just a short amount of time, I tend to think that numbness has become my coping mechanism. Atleast for now. One of my favorite sayings right now is ,"I just don't have a file for that in my brain. That will have to be on hold until I can process that."

So, still processing all of this and missing my doggie soul mate so very much. It still think that I hear her sneeze or her panting or her bark or just her walking by......I turn and of course she is not there. I have her ashes back already and I keep them in the room with me.

I don't know what else to say right now. Thank you all so much for your kind words, prayers and sweet memories of my girl. It is appreciated beyond what I could ever express to you!!!
Missi

created by the AMAZINGLY TALENTED sweetpea
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Thank you for posting Missi. I'm here crying with you. We share your pain. How is Naomi coping? Give her a big hug from us.

Love & Purple Kisses,
Leonora & mum
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Missi,

I was wondering about you?
My heart aches for you. You are such an amazing person, I have to say, you continue to impress me with your inner strength.
Hang in there girlfriend!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

Hi Missi. I'm crying with you. One thing at a time is hard enough, but add 2 or 3 or more on top of each other, and your brain has to just shut down. It can't take anymore in. You do go numb, I know, I've been that numb before (when my husband died). When you feel that overwhelming sorrow, quit what you are doing, and go to your comfort spot. Let the world go away, and cry yourself to sleep. I'm sending healing thoughts to you.
~ Sally
BooBooBear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BooBooBear »

I just wanted to tell you how sorry i am for your loss. I am glad the pics brought a smile to you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and may the days become less painful for you. If you need or want to talk i'm here.

Samantha

Leo(Booboobear) 12/23/1993-3/3/2007

"You'll Always Be In My Heart"
I will always cherish your unconditional friendship!!!
chowgrl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chowgrl »

We are so sorry for your loss. We believe our precious girl also had Cushings.

They are always with you. We lost her almost 7 months ago now, and my husband had a dream about her last night.

She was 2 year old Maggie with Shiny healthy fur and a big smile on her face. She was leaping over rocks and had no sign of the limp and arthritis that she had for the last several years of her life. She had a little friend with her, another lighter coloured chow, but she was incharge, ofcourse. She was on the other side of the river and she was telling my husband that danger in the form of a fire was coming and he should keep moving down the river, but stay close to the bank where it would be safe. My husband was trying to tell other people what she was saying and that they should follow her directions, but everyone thought that he was crazy to speak to a dog.

My husband said that he was crying in his dream because he was so happy to see her. He was also so relieved to see that she was OK and happy and not alone and had company in the form of a little chow friend. He also knew that she was watching over us and that everything would be OK.

She is our precious angel, and when know that she will be there to greet us when the time comes to cross the river.
Chows Are For Life
chowgrl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chowgrl »

I have never told this story on here before but I remembered it when I called Maggie a precious angel.

Just before we knew Maggie was sick in December, I was rushing around getting Christmas presents for people. I went into the wine store and was looking for a bottle of wine as a present for Maggie's groomer. She was good to Maggie and came to the house to help take care of Maggie's coat. Maggie loved her and gave her rounds and rounds of precious kisses. I was in a hurry as I had many more stops to make and the sales lady asked if she could help me. I told her that I was looking for some wine for Maggie's groomer. She said that she had some nice wine with a picture of a dog on the label. I said "great", and she put it in a paper bag and I left without looking at the bottle.

During the next few days I tried to meet up with the groomer to give her the gift and her card from Maggie, but ofcourse she was super busy with it being Christmas and all, and we never got together.

During the next week over Christmas Maggie got very sick and we lost her on Janurary 3rd. About a week later I called the groomer to tell her, and we both cried together on the phone, she had lost several seniors over the holidays and was feeling alot of loss as well.

A few days later Hubby and I decided to toast Maggie with the wine we had never given to the groomer. We took it out and looked at the label. On the label was a picture of a golden colored dog with wings and a halo and the dog was flying. The brand name of the wine was "See Ya Later" we both felt a shiver go through us and then we started in on a new round of tears.

My point I guess, with these stories, is that I felt very depressed and hopeless when we first lost Maggie. I felt guilty and just plain sad and despressed. I did not think we could get through it. But now I feel more connected to Maggie than ever, I feel like our spirits are going to be joined together forever, in a even deeper way than they were while she was here on earth. We are still on a journey together, but now I am certain that the journey will last forever.

Take Care

Joanne
Chows Are For Life