In Memoriam - Leo

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Zhuyos mom

In Memoriam - Leo

Post by Zhuyos mom »

For the members of the site a few years back, possibly 6 years back.... do you remember the chow that was being saved from an oil refinery in Los Angeles? They finally caught him, cleaned him up and then the fellow needed entropian surgery. The rescue and some cc.org members chipped in for the surgery. He was never adopted out. Yet he lived his life in sanctuary at Tibetan Kennels and was loved and appreciated by everyone there. He has gone to the Happy Hunting Ground with its infinite acres to roam, is running free and playing with all our chows there. God speed, Leo the "Big Guy"....

Name: Leo "Big Guy" **IN HEAVEN**
*Censored Word*: Male
Leo was rescued from an Oil refinery where he spent over a year running loose in over 30 acres. He is a sweetheart and playful.

Sent: Sun 5/06/07 9:12 PM
To: 'Lou'

Hi Lou,

Thank you for your e-mail. Leo (we used called him Big Guy) passed away of bloat a few months back. I was able to see the symptoms but by the time I made it to the veterinarian, it was too late. I have to say that he was one of the sweetest chows. He was smart, obedient and playful. Gosh......you think time heals but I can not stop crying as I type this e-mail. I know he is in a better place!!

Thank you again for wondering about this sweet boy!

Jose.

Jose Callejon, Rescue Coordinator
Chow Dog Rescue, Inc. - Tibetan Kennels
A No Kill Animal Shelter
A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization
http://www.chowdog.com
rescue@chowdog.com
Tel. 909-623-CHOW
Fax. 909-623-0939

"Animals you consider evil or wicked are simply lonely and lacking in social nicety