Khon & BooBooBear tragic ending :(

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

BigTrucker
Rank 1
Rank 1

this is terrrible

Post by BigTrucker »

I'm sorry...words are not enough.
:cry:
John
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

I am so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts are with both families.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I am so sorry for all involved. I've lost only one chow suddenly with no warning and it is the toughest. When they are very sick and you've been to the vet a lot and you have had the tests, surgeries, medications etc, in your mind you have had time to prepare, (the heart is never prepared) but when it is sudden like this, all you can ask is "Why?!" and there is no real answer. It is very hard, I know, but even from this you will heal, but take your time...this is the kind of thing that you really need to take time with.

When my LiChi died suddenly I took over a year, I planned some other thing in my life that wouldn't even allow me to have another chow or any pet. I went on a trip out of the country. Only when I came back from that trip was I ready to adopt another chow. It took more than a year. I also think Joanna will know what I'm talking about here, after losing Pumpkin, but now she's back too and wants another chow.

I didn't have this group when I lost LiChi, I wish I had, cause this group is one of the few places where people really "get it". All of you and Khon are in my prayers, take care and share what you need when you need to.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

I too, like the others, am devastated to hear this. Although I've only been on the site a short time, all of you and all the furkids hold a special place in my heart.

Through my tears, I would like to give my hugs and condolences to both families and will say prayer and light a candle for all of you that your pain might be eased soon.

Many Blessings ~~
~ Sally
PCCR
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PCCR »

This is such a very sad ending for Khon's life.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I am SOOOO SORRY for both families loss...........
HUGS from Kearra and me :cry:
chris

Post by chris »

I really do not know what to say. My deapest sympathies for both families. I'm trying to type through my tears. I do believe that everything happens for a reason.. God has his reasons... but this one, I don't get.
Here I am crying... I'm about to look horrible and all the guys out in the field are going to be asking me what is wrong..(I'm a construction coordinator for a builder) My response will be "A dearest friend has passed suddenly and my heart is breaking for him and his 2 families."

My prayers are with all of you. BooBooBear & Jay, You may PM me any time you want to talk, just as I am sure the rest of us on this site offer you the same invatation.

Peace be with all of you.
Last edited by chris on Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

OMG, I am just heartsick over this. Best wishes to both families. :cry: :cry:
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Jay and family -
BooBooBear and family -

My sympathies to you all.

Jay, Khon was your angel and now he's up with all our chow angels and he and your Bear are together. I now know why you did not reply to my PM. But my offer still stands.

BooBooBear, please, if you are reading this thread, please feel free to PM me.

I am here for the both of you. Please stay strong and please know we mourn with you and celebrate the beauty of Khon.

“I saved your life at first, and in return you saved mine.” -anonymous
"...Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you...I love you so - 'twas Heaven here with you."
-Isla Paschal Richardson
JAYGOW1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JAYGOW1 »

Thank you all so VERY much. You guys are the best support group I could have ever hoped for !!

Khon really looked *Censored Word* with his "butch" haircut.
I really miss my purple kisses!!! RIP Bear, my bestest friend EVER !!
7-20-2006

Khon,you were taken WAY too early !
Til we meet again, my friend
3-24-2007
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

This is so tragic. I sincerely hope that all of you involved in Khon's rescue realize that you are very special people. You went to great lengths to help him to have a forever home. You are a blessing and will be blessed for your heartfelt efforts.

Sherill

Colonel says, "go Alabama...ROLL TIDE!!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Debs chow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Debs chow »

To both families we have great respect for what you where trying to do. And we are so sorry that you all had to go though this tragedy and poor Khon. just keep in mind it is the good hearted people that open there hearts that help make this world a better place for all.

Al&Deb
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

I'm so sorry for your loss, all involved. Bless you for your efforts in trying to give Khon a new home. This is heartbreaking.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I am so sorry for Khon's passing. You will all be in our thoughts.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Since I am still in the grieving process myself, I haven't posted much, altho I am keeping up on what is going on. I do want to say how very sorry I am to both families for what has happened. It's never easy, no matter what. My heart truly goes out to Jay and his family and Samantha and Hector and their family. There are no words any of us could say to make the pain and grief go away. I know... I've been there and been doing that for almost 4 weeks now. But knowing that there is sympathy and support does help, and I would just suggest that both families take in all of that support. In the long run, it's what will help get you through this bad time in your lives. Khon is running free with My Koda and Sasha, Zhu, Darkwind, Baby, Pumpkin and so many of the others who have crossed the bridge before us. Khon was blessed, by not only having one family who loved him, but by having 2 families who loved him.
As one who is also grieving... my deepest sympathy goes out to each family.
Nancy and Tai

Chowsrule
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chowsrule »

OMG, I'm so sorry this has happened! My thoughts and prayers are with both families. There never seems to be any words to appropriately convey how much one's heart breaks when someone else has to live through something like this. I wish I could take the sorrow from your hearts, I wish I could bring Khon back to you, healthy and happy, I wish we never had to say goodbye to our chowkids.

Love to you all - take care of each other.
Kristie
bischow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bischow »

I am so sorry. No words can ease the pain, but know I care. :cry:

{{{HUGS}}}
Louise
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

My post was taken out accidentally earlier

I just wanted to say how sorry I am, and that my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
leisa75
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by leisa75 »

I lost both my chows My boy passed away Feb,1st,2007 and he was 7 years old and 5 weeks later my female passed away as well. She was 10. It was awful ! They were my kids. It was really hard because it was so close together !
JAYGOW1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JAYGOW1 »

leisa,

My heart goes out to you. That is a terrible series of events. Welcome to the forum,and feel free to post til your heart is content. This site,and the wonderful people here, REALLY help with the grieving process.

We would really like to see pictures of you furkids, whenever you are up to posting them.

May God lay his hand upon your shattered heart.

~Jay
7-20-2006

3-24-2007
ksalbright3
Rank 0
Rank 0

Khon's litter mate

Post by ksalbright3 »

We had a litter mate of Khon's. She passed August 13, 2007. She was suffocating due to a tumor in her left lung (that she was born with) that was closing her trachea. Also, her diaphram was misplaced. She did the same heavy breathing. She was euthanized in my arms at 3 1/2 years old. We were also crushed!
Kathy in Savannah
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Kathy,

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Your grief is real and appropriate and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Each of us needs to find our own way through the grieving process. Remember the good times with your chow. Know that your love was returned and the home your provided appreciated. Deciding to euthanize your chow, your friend is the hardest thing we ever do for them. But thank the lord we can do it, so that we can end their suffering.

Know that your pup's spirit is present in all good things, in the sunrise and the sunset, in the quiet of the evening, in the summer breeze, in the starlight ......

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Kathy,

I understand what you are going through completely. Tucker passed over the rainbow bridge in my arms on Sept 12, 2007 at 4 years old.

I will keep you in my thoughts and maybe our kids have found new friends in each other since they were so close in age. [:D]
ImageImageImage
Tumby
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tumby »

I am sorry to hear that....... ***speechless***
JAYGOW1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Khon & BooBooBear tragic ending :(

Post by JAYGOW1 »

It's been 1 year ago today that Khonner suddenly left for Rainbow Bridge. Our hearts still suffer each day without him. All Chows are special, but Khon had the 'it' factor. My M-I-L always called him "Personality Plus". I just spent the last hour looking through all of his pics and videos. Thank God we still have these small things to cheerish.

Forever in our hearts,.............. Khonner lives. What a majestic being he was. :cry: If we could only turn back the hands of time..............

7-20-2006

3-24-2007