Dixie 1992-2006

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

dixie4
Rank 0
Rank 0

Dixie 1992-2006

Post by dixie4 »

Dixie's story. Dixie came to us after my mother in law passed. We had 2 other dogs and weren't sure if they would get along. She came into our home and took over. I never had to worry about my girls playing outside as long as she was with them. She never let them out of her sight, if they did get out of her sight, she would have a fit till she could see them again. We never had to lock our doors cause she wouldn't let anyone enter. Our friend joked about it and said if you ever got robbed it would be someone that doesn't know you, because everyone that does know you knows that dog will not let them in your house.
We love you Dixie and always will. We will never forget you, not for one minute.
Last edited by dixie4 on Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

Sorry to hear about the passing of your Dixie. :(

She sounds a lot like mine who I just lost, they are family at that point and will be deeply missed.
dixie4
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dixie4 »

It's been 2 weeks since you have been gone, I miss you more every day. I try to remember all the good times while I heal from my heart attack I had a week ago. But is it so hard being home alone without you. I miss how you came to me every day and nudged my arm till you got my attention.
I know you are with Ruth again and you are doing all the things you used to do.

Love and miss you very much
dixie4
Rank 0
Rank 0

Miss you

Post by dixie4 »

I miss you very much Dixie. I think about you often, even the mailman felt bad you are gone. You always had the last word when he came to the door.
gerbie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Dixie

Post by gerbie »

Sorry to hear about Dixie. I know the pain would be there for a long time as it is difficult to lose a faithful companion after all these years....take care.
dixie4
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dixie4 »

Still miss you a bunch ole gal. Seeing you in my dreams the other night was so sweet. I remember when you would pick at your food, I would tell you kitty is going to get your food and you would run back in and finish it up. Love ya