Prayers needed......

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Rac91
Rank 0
Rank 0

Prayers needed......

Post by Rac91 »

My beloved clifford was attacked by a grey pitbull. The pitbull jumped two fences to get into our yard and next thing I know I'm trying to pull off the pitbull off my clifford. It tooke 30 minutes to get him away but there was so much blood on the floor. I rushed him to the animal hospital and paid 2600 dollars for 4 hour surgery. The vet said it was a miracle he survived thanks to his thick coat. The pitbull owners did not compensate for the injuries my clifford suffered. This happened in October......
He was attacked again by the same dog last night. I called the police and they told me they cannot legally put down a dog unless he bit a human. :cry:
Zhuyos mom

Re: Prayers needed......

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Praying for Clifford and for you. I'm so sorry this has happened again.

I know your priority is for Clifford's health and safety. However, I would sue your neighbors in Civil Court for the damages/vet bills. Their grey pitbull is their property and they are responsible for its actions. My thought is they will choose one of two options: go face to face with you in court -or- get rid of their dog. Does your county have any rules and regulations defining "a dangerous dog"? If so, pursue it so they can label that dog as dangerous. Meanwhile, is there a way you can place something like lattice slats to raise your fence? Too bad that grey dog didn't scratch you. It might have been able to pass as a bite.
chunkymonkeys
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chunkymonkeys »

Oh, my heart goes out to you and Clifford, and I hope he recovers. I agree with Zhuyos mom, and sue them in Civil Court. It won't be enough justice for Clifford, but monetary punishment may make those irresponsible owners monitor their pit bull. Plus if they refuse to pay, the courts will be on your side and enforce it. Please keep us updated on Clifford's status...
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Well first of all I am very sorry about Clifford. I hope he recovers and all is well. I will say that I do not agree with wanting the pit put down. It is the owners responsibility and if anyone needs 'putting down' its them. I would make sure that Clifford is never out alone and do whatever needs doing to your fence/yard to protect him. It is your responsibility to keep him safe. I would also pursue avenues to see that the pit owners are required to do what is necessary to keep him contained safely. Lawyers, animal control, etc. It is the pits owners who are at fault, not the dog.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)