Time to say goodbye to my beloved Sheena

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Time to say goodbye to my beloved Sheena

Post by Juniper »

I'm so sad. In one hour I need to say goodbye to my Sheena. She's 14+, lived an extra 2 years with the Oral Melanoma which never metastasized thank goodness due to the human dna shots of tyrosinase. Her vital signs were all OK a few weeks ago and the doctor said that was the good news - the bad news was that she was old. I knew this day would come but I am never prepared for the loss and it always hurts so.

Sheena's my best friend, my supporter, protector, and being alone with all my family having passed and being all alone, it is especially tough to lose her. I don't plan on getting another chow since I am also getting on in age at 66 and going thru my own health problems. Plus I still have my cat Pookie and Snakeypoo, my rainbow boa to take care of and they are a handful as well. I guess I'm not all alone, but then there is nothing like the special love of a chow-chow. :x :x :x
Jennifer & Sheena
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Time to say goodbye to my beloved Sheena

Post by reddog »

Dear Jennifer,

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Sheena. :( Sending you my deepest heartfelt sympathy. I lost by beloved 15 yr old Chloe a little over 3 yrs ago and remember how devastating it was. I would like to offer this comforting thought. Even though Sheena is gone from you physically, she will always hold a special place in your heart and in the memory box of your mind. Now and then a thought or memory will pop up and bring a tear to your eye or a smile to your face or make you laugh out loud. That’s OK! I call that a sneak attack and look at it as their way of letting us know their spirit is still with us.

You’re in my thoughts and prayers

Sending you a comforting hug

Pam
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I am so very sorry. I too have faced this most difficult time and decision so my heart breaks for you. There are no words to ease your pain but know that we understand and that we are here for you.
((hugs))
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ski »

You are NOT alone! I am so sorry. I know the pain of losing that special friend. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Jennifer,
It's never easy and no matter how prepared we think we can be, it is heart breaking. Despite her health issues, Sheena held on like the trooper she was. Glad she could be there at CCF14 and participate in the games.
Take care,
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

You were an amazing chow mom to Sheena (and Troy). Although you have chosen to not bring another chow into your life, please don't leave cc.org. Your alternative ways in healing and well being nutrition of your chows is a talent many of us have much to learn about. Please continue to contribute in the discussions.

Sheena, you are now with Troy and all the chows you've met at ChowFest and a couple of chowfesters you wouldn't let near you! Run Free and enjoy the ever so organic Happy Hunting Ground!!!
sheena
sheena
sheena.jpg (143.7 KiB) Viewed 15485 times
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Jennifer,
I am so sorry for your loss. Sheena lived a long happy life with you but I know it is never long enough. Sheena is in good company with so many that have gone before her. Run free Sheena.
Linda
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I think we can all relate to the sadness of saying goodbye. Even is we haven't had to do so yet it is heart breaking even thinking of it. I am so sorry to read your post. I know you got some extra time together but how ever long it is, it is never long enough. Run free Sheena and watch over your momma. xx
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

It's so hard to say goodbye to our closest friend, I know your fond memories will help you through your sad times.
Nancy
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Jennifer, The ChowChowFest committee would like to honor Sheena this year. Will you be able to make it down for CCF15? We are in pre-planning mode and anticipate the date for CCF15 is Sunday, July 19th. We haven't decided on a venue yet. But if you can "Save The Date" and tell us/me if you'll be able to come join us, that would be nice. We'd love to hold a candle and bubbles ceremony for Sheena.

Hope you are hanging in there. It takes the wind out of us when we care for an ailing chow day by day and then for them to have taken the journey. It's a real heartache. I will give you a big hug when I see you in the summer, hopefully!
rmb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rmb »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a loved one is probably the most difficult thing we do. I know you gave Sheena the best possible life and I hope time is helping you heal.