Chloe's Spirit - Ever Near

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Chloe's Spirit - Ever Near

Post by reddog »

Half awake early this morning, I rolled over in bed and absentmindedly reached my arm over the edge towards the floor to stroke Chloe for a few moments. I was enjoying her soft fur and hearing her light breathing. Jump-start time - my eyes flew open and my heart started to race. The reason being is- this had been our usual morning routine until my beloved Chloe passed over the Rainbow Bridge 4 years ago today :cry: I was actually stroking Whitby. This is the first time in the 3+ years I’ve had Whitby that she laid down beside my bed while I was sleeping. I feel this was Chloe’s way of telling me she is watching over me. Normally Whitby sleeps on the first floor near the front door

Chloe had been abused and abandoned prior to me rescuing her from our local humane society when she was 2 years old. In due time with patience, nurturing, bunches of love and good old-fashion spoiling she evolved into a great dog and my “bestest” friend, companion and confident. Where ever I was at home, inside/outside, upstairs or down she was there - like my second skin. She was so calm, sweet and gentle. We shared 13 wonderful years together. :) I still feel Chloe all around me, although she is no longer alive. Her spirit is ever near and part of my life. O:) From time to time Whitby will do something that Chloe did and the way Chloe did it. I feel it’s Chloe’s spirit guiding or prompting Whitby to do so. Such as Whitby lying beside my bed this morning.

I feel so blessed to have had Chloe in my life and so thankful for the multitude of memories of the life and times we shared that are stored in the memory box of my mind. Now and then one pops up and makes me smile, chuckle or brings tears to my eyes.

I miss you so-o-o much Chloe / Baby Dog!!!!

Mom loves you bunches and bunches!!!!!
kingalls

Re: Chloe's Spirit - Ever Near

Post by kingalls »

:) I just bought a t-shirt with "Once by my side, forever in my heart" ...Chloe will be with you forever...
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh