Boogie is now free from all his pain

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Boogie is now free from all his pain

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Today we had to make the devastating choice to have Boogie put down. He was in so much pain and stopped eating and drinking. Caitlyn bought him all his favorite treats including flaming hot Cheetos and he tried to eat some but couldn't. Caitlyn and I took him on a long car ride to all his favorite places including a trip to the coast to see the sea lions. He actually perked his head up for that. There were several times today where I thought he was going to go on his own but in the end we had to take him to the vet. He didn't move or lift his head at all there. We told him all day long about all the other chows, pets, and people he was gonna see where he was going. Caitlyn sobbed uncontrollably when it was being done and tears came out of Boogies eyes too. It was devastating. My heart is broken. Run free sweet Boogie-boo........ We love you.
kingalls

Re: Boogie is now free from all his pain

Post by kingalls »

Run free, Boogie...I know that you and my Nahkohe will be with us in spirit this coming Sunday.
Linda & Caitlyn - I am still raw over losing Nahkohe but the heartache will ease a little with each day. You cared, loved, and took care of Boogie and he knew that every day until his last breath.
Take care,
Karen, Jeff, & Shiloh
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

I'm so sorry, Linda. I know the sorrow all too well. But you gave Boogie such an awesome name, a wonderful life and a peaceful goodbye. With that, you know Boogie and Fozzie will forever be your chow angels. I made a candle for Boogie. We will light it at ChowChowFest on Sunday. If you are up for it, please come. It will bring comfort to you and Caitlyn to be amongst friends and for Teddie to be in a familiar area with the scent of his fellow chows.

BOOGIE-BOO!!!! Find Miss Pooh Bear and have a blast going opossum hunting at the Rainbow Garden!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I am so sorry for your loss! My heart aches for you. Most all of us know what a difficult decision it is and how gut wrenching it is to watch them go. RIP Boogie!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Iam so sorry for your loss, may all your fond memories of Boogie help heal your pain.
RIP Boogie,

Nancy
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Thank you all for your kind words. I appreciate them.

Lou, I hadn't RSVP'd to Chowfest because of what was going on with Boogie. I have been so sad but I think you might be right and it might be what I need to start healing. And we reminded Boogie of all his Chow friends that he was going to see including his girlfriend (he wished anyway) Miss Pooh Bear.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Boogie and Linda wrote:Lou, I hadn't RSVP'd to Chowfest because of what was going on with Boogie. I have been so sad but I think you might be right and it might be what I need to start healing. And we reminded Boogie of all his Chow friends that he was going to see including his girlfriend (he wished anyway) Miss Pooh Bear.
Teddie and Teekie are good to go! Department of Homeland Security only requires for Teddie to show his blue tongue! Teekie may have to do some sweet talking!
CCF airline tix.JPG
CCF airline tix.JPG (72.93 KiB) Viewed 14426 times
I hope you come. I'll be there for the memorial. Plus, it will be good for Teddie. He needs to communicate with his fellow chows and talk about what happened to his brother to the four pawed ones who will understand his dialect. Teekie will not be the only dog there. Skitzo will be there to represent his chow brother, Zen, who also crossed over this year.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

So sorry to hear about Boogie, it is always heartbreaking to loose one of our chow children.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

So sorry to hear about Boogie. RIP.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI