Run free, Mister Nahkohe

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

Run free, Mister Nahkohe

Post by kingalls »

January 8, 2004 - August 25, 2014

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever

We'll see you at Rainbow Bridge, my Chowboy!

Karen, Jeff, and Shiloh
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Run free, Mister Nahkohe

Post by TyChowgirl »

I am so sorry Karen. I was hoping he would bounce back for a little while. Run free Mr. N!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zhuyos mom

Re: Run free, Mister Nahkohe

Post by Zhuyos mom »

MrN.jpg
MrN.jpg (44.99 KiB) Viewed 22597 times
Purple Kisses.....
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Karen, so sorry to hear of Mr. N.'s passing.

Run Free Nahkohe !!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I am very sorry for your loss.I just saw this. He was only 10! Gone way too soon!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
WyoChowDad
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WyoChowDad »

Karen,

I'm so sorry that Nahkohe has passed. It's so heartbreaking! Losing my girl Peekaboo last May was the worst pain my heart has ever felt. In time the tears will lessen and his memory will shine bright. It takes time to move beyond the grief but know that Nahkohe is free of all that made him ill. He knows how much you love him. You will see him again one day. God Bless!

Mike
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

One week ago today, my Nahkohe went to Rainbow Bridge...I didn't know how much heartache I could handle...it seems like yesterday that we picked him up from the airport after a flight from Canada when he was 9 weeks old. I put my hand on the carrier door and there was this immediate Chowling lick of my fingers. Nahkohe bonded with me...he waited for me to come home from work and announced to everyone with barking that "Mom is home!" We loved his daily play bow and scratched his "bird's nest" area on his back under his tail. Even in the weekend before my Chowboy came prancing into the house and did his play bow for me. Nahkohe gave me his unconditional love in so many ways - even to the end. I swear he continued to hold on for me but at the same time refusing to eat.
Many thanks to all of your support while we go through the transition of losing our Chowboy.

Nahkohe - I miss you so much!

Karen, Jeff, and Shiloh
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Karen I am so very sorry to read this post I am not here very often and I was shocked to read this. Nahkohe was a part of this forum and he was here long before I joined, loved and known by so many through your stories. He is gone far too young. Run free beautiful boy...Siriol xx
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Karen, so sorry to hear about your chow Nahkohe passing. I am just reading about your chow now. My Mikki crossed the rainbow bridge Aug 13th. She was almost 11 and had been my best friend since 2006. I find it's hardest thing to let go of a pet. One consolation, they're now without pain.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Karen,

I am so sorry. You and Jeff must be devestated. How is Shiloh doing?

Mr. Nahkohe is in great chow company across the rainbow bridge and unfortunately will be joined by one more very soon. I haven't been on the site in quite a while and am going thru something similar with Boogie. I came to the site today to try and get the strength to follow thru on that final decision for him. It is so difficult to see them suffer especially when they stop eating.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Linda
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

So sorry to hear, he was a beautiful boy.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Dear Nahkohe...we still miss you so much but our newest rescue, Takoda, is making up with his nuisance barking - LOL! It's Christmas season now & the temps are in the 30s - your favorite. We have your candle lit every night and with the Christmas season I miss you even more because you are not here. We know you are waiting at the Bridge for us and one day we will be together again...for now my sweet Chowboy angel, I hear and see you in a passing dream...I smell your heavy Chow sent...love you, Nahkohe!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

It's bittersweet, one leaves us and a new one captures our hearts. Where is Takoda from? By spring I hope to rescue an older chow. Looking for one in southern Ontario. But it seems all those needing new homes are either in California, Texas or Florida. And there are so many of them, it's heart breaking. Glad you made the move and rescued another.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

kingalls

Post by kingalls »

With Shiloh being a senior, we thought it would be good to introduce another dog into the pack before she crossed the Bridge. In July we found a post for a Chow mix - he had the major purple tongue. We took our GSD puppy to meet him and they were good together. We did the adoption and when we got home, Shiloh took one sniff of the new guy and hid under the deck for an hour..she came back out and everything was good. As it turns out our Anatolian/Chow mix is more like 90% Anatolian and 10% Chow. Takoda has a mix of traits...he is chow like in that he is gentle when taking a treat but is our total guardian when it comes to potential threats like another dog.
It's been over a year since Nahkohe passed but I still miss him so much. Our Chow girl, Shiloh, is almost 13 years old now and is having physical issues and the past of losing Nahkohe is refreshed. Our ASD and GSD have bonded and are total brothers. What is so touching is that they recognize Shiloh's issues and they both go to her and sniff her as they know something is not quite right.
Local support people here have helped to facilitate a Chow adoption for a Canadian Chow Chow person - so it can be done! I was part of the loop in getting a TN Chow Chow adopted to another Canadian adopter - so it can be done! If you find a Chow Chow in California, perhaps we can network out to help!
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Hello Karen, I lost family, relatives good friends and my partner all around 10 years ago. I coped. Last year I lost my 14 yr.old little buddy westie mix Hunter, 7 months later Mikki chow. This year my 17 yr old cat passed on too. Hard to cope with. I knew 10 years ago that all 3 pets might die within a short period. That was more difficult to cope with then family and friends because the pets are around us every day.
When I am ready for another older chow I would appreciate your help if it's possible. I only see 1 chow in need of a home here in Ontario. He's not friendly with kids and I have 3 young grandsons.
Lots of chows in southern states, Texas and California. Why don't people think before they get a pet.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Hello Karin - yes, I will be glad to help if you find a local California Chow in need of adoption. We also have a number of senior cats besides Shiloh...sometimes we think-wow! are they really that old? Cats seem to handle it easier than our Chows...