Mimi the Katrina Rescue

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Nita F.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Mimi the Katrina Rescue

Post by Nita F. »

I read the forum frequently but rarely post. Our Mimi was first introduced to this forum in June 2007.

In December 2005 Mimi was rescued by the SPCA in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. In April 2007 we adopted her from a no-kill shelter in Lafayette, LA after losing our first Chow mix to kidney cancer. The vet estimated she was about 5 years old.

Mimi attended the Alabama Chow Fests in October 2007 and 2010. She had a wonderful personality - very loving, sweet, and friendly. She loved people, especially children, other dogs, and shared her home with 5 cats. She loved to travel and go camping.

Last summer she was diagnosed with stomach cancer and we did all we could do to give her a good quality of life. She went to the vet's office for doggie daycare each weekday, and all the staff came to know and love her. Unfortunately Monday the cancer won the battle and we had to make the difficult decision to let her cross the Rainbow Bridge. The vet and staff were crying with me. We only had her 7 years but the love we shared was wonderful.

Run free and have fun sweet baby girl!

Nita
Attachments
Mimi-1 12-07.jpg
Mimi-1 12-07.jpg (27.17 KiB) Viewed 5124 times
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Mimi the Katrina Rescue

Post by chow4life »

Mimi sounds like she was so very special and touched so many lives.
May you always remember fond memories and keep them so very close to your heart.
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Mimi the Katrina Rescue

Post by reddog »

Dear Nita

My heart goes out to you and your family. I’m sending you my deepest, heartfelt sympathy . Thank you from the bottom of my heart for rescuing Mimi and giving her a wonderful home life. I’m partial to rescues and it makes my heart sing when I read about a chow chow being rescued/adopted. Even though she is now gone from you physically, she will always have a special place in your heart and in the memory box of your mind. May it give you some comfort to know that down the road when your time comes to leave this earth Mimi will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge to greet you, wagging her tail and ready to give you purple kisses. How sweet that time will be. \:D/

You’re in my thoughts and prayers
Pam