Gone way to soon

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Storm
Rank 0
Rank 0

Gone way to soon

Post by Storm »

So as most of you know I got my beautiful little girl Storm on the 26th. But sadly today I lost my little princess I so quickly fell in love with her. May you rest in paradise my little angel Storm. I know I only had her for 6 days but my heart is broken.

In loving Memory of Storm
10/26/13-1/1/14
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Gone way to soon

Post by Pinoy51 »

Very sad to hear that. Run free little Storm.
You might consider sharing what happened to Storm, if there is something which can help other owners.
Again very sorry for your early loss.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Storm
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Storm »

I live in Arizona and me and Storm went for a walk like I normally do with my dogs. We walked by a house and there was about a herd of Javelina that I did not see until they had charged us. If you don't know about them they are very aggressive when there is a dog around and even worse if you have a dog and there is a young Javelina. I went to pick up Storm and in all of the chaos she some how slipped out of her collar and started running but unfortunately my little girl ran right into the big male and that was that :( I rushed her to the vet but it was already to late:( my poor little girl I feel so horrible.
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

OMG. What an unfortunate event. I feel bad just reading it.
First time I heard about Javelinas, needed to google them.
I changed very early to harness with Simba.
He is very easy distracted and likes to chase birds, so I was very afraid of him slipping away and getting run over by a car.
Should you decide one time to get another Chow, use a harness, it is as good as impossible to slip out.
I'm very sorry for your loss.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Storm
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Storm »

Yeah. Normally was puttin a harness on her. I could not find it so I thought I may as well just use her collar :( her breeder just text me saying that she has another blue female puppy just like Storm if I would like her. So I may get her sister. But I feel so bad about the whole thing.
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Such a tragedy and so heartbreaking. I rarely come into the memorial section since it brings memories of my black chowboy who is gone. I have a special place in my heart for blue and black chow-chows.

Please do get the blue chow female sister...at least you will have Storm's twin and it will honor her short life and she will be forever in your heart.
Much healing and peace always.
Jennifer & Sheena
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

My, what a terrible story. So sad that you had to witness such an event. Being from the NE region of the US, i had never heard of such beasts. My daughter googled them as i was telling her about the event.

After the info she got, the 1st thing i would think of is a hunting possey. Appears they run wild in parts of Texas and Arizona. From what she is telling me, they have become an invasive species in certain areas. Here in NE, we have to deal with new species of moths, some tree worms, and the occasional water snake that are not indigenous. Certainly nothing that would threaten our pups on an everyday walk.

I would consider the sibling. Should be pretty similar and you could bond quite nicely.
Storm
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Storm »

I am going to meet storms sister Sky tonight wish me luck. I am excited/nervous to meet the little girl
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I'm so so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you.

Godspeed Storm!

I hope you had good luck meeting the new pup!
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

omg, I am so sorry to hear this, Rest in peace
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Tears came to my eyes as I read your post about loosing your little princess, Storm. Such a tragic end to her short lived life. I'm sending you my deepest, heartfelt sympathy. Even though she is gone from you physically, she'll always hold a special place in your heart and in the memory box of your mind.

My thoughts & prayers are with you

Run free, Storm

Fingers and paws crossed here for you and the prospect of you adopting her sister Sky
Pam & Whitby
chunkymonkeys
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chunkymonkeys »

My condolences to you. Your Storm wasn't here long on Earth, but look how many people she's touched. I'm so sorry for your loss.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Iam so sorry for your loss, it doesn't matter how long we have them as soon as we call them ours ,we feel the loss when They are gone!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

A short time in your arms but forever in your heart.
So sorry for your loss.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh