Gone far too soon....

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Gone far too soon....

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Snooki, I didn't always appreciate you... You were so wild and unruly.... But I always loved you. You were so smart and I enjoyed working with you when I got the chance. You and Dixie became fast friends from the day your daddy brought you home. You were a trouble maker, yes, but you made up for it with your love and devotion.

Baby girl, you scared me so much when you got sick so fast... I hope you know we did what we could to make you better; if only your daddy would've been more responsible and listened to me and your grandma... But I guess it was your time, though we feel it was far too soon. We love you girlie and we mss you so much.

Rest in peace baby! We meet again at Rainbow Bridge and I know you'll be watching over us all until then.

1/2012-3/1/2013

Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Gone far too soon....

Post by Cocoa »

Jess, I am so sorry to hear about Snooki, she was still just a baby and I know that she and Dixie were great buddies. What was wrong with her?
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thank you.

Apparently, she ate part of the plastic pan that was in the bottom of her kennel... Friday, she stopped eating, became really lethargic, and kept throwing up when she'd drink water. (myself and Dixie weren't home, we'd left for a weekend off with friends and didn't return until Monday night) Saturday to Monday, she still wouldn't eat and threw up water again twice, and continued to be lethargic. When I returned home Monday, I was furious to find that my mom nor my brother had taken Snooki to the vet. I took her in on Tuesday. The vet ran test upon test, upon test and took x-rays. The first thought was a blockage, but couldn't find any evidence on the x-rays or by feeling her abdomen. So, they kept her for observation and started her on IV fluids because she was a bit dehydrated. They discussed surgery with my mom but ended up deciding that probably wouldn't be a solution. So the did more blood work; found out she had some sort of infection, wo they started her on antibiotics. Thursday the vet called and told us she was 10x better and as long as her blood work came back normal in the morning, she could come home. But this morning when they checked on her, she was gone... No one's sure of what took her from us exactly, but at least she's not sick or hurting anymore...
Jess
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Oh Jess that's terrible, but like you said at least she's not suffering anymore.
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

So sad for your families sudden loss. :cry: O:) [-o|
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

So sorry Jess. It is so hard when they are young. Sending hugs x
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thank you all. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back here and thank y'all for the kind sentiments; I just needed some time away.
Jess
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

I told you via FB, but I'll add my condolences on here as well...truly sorry for your loss. I know she wasn't yours, but I know you had a huge hand in raising her and taking care of her, which I'm sure enriched her life albeit short.