I Miss You Chloe!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

I Miss You Chloe!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by reddog »

I woke this morning with a heavy heart and thoughts of Chloe running through my head. As I to write this tears are running down my cheeks

Two years ago today my beautiful red 15 yr. old beloved Chloe left my side and crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. :cry: There are times when it seems like it was just yesterday. I miss her so-o much. :( I rescued her when she was two years old. Our local humane society had put a listing in our local newspaper regarding dogs they had who were looking for their forever homes. One of the pictures posted was that of a chow. I had thought about getting a chow someday and decided this might be the time. Chloe, her mom and brother had been found, abandoned, tied up in a burned-out building in a near by town. Their fur and paws were singed, their fur was badly matted and they showed signs of being abused. It broke my heart when I looked into her kennel and saw her. She looked so scared and was shivering and cowering in a back corner of it. I sat down on the floor in front of her kennel and talked to her in a soft comforting tone. After a short time she slowly came to the front of the kennel and permitted me to reach in and pet her. I then asked the kennel staff if I could take her for a short walk. Something told me she was meant to be mine. I filled out paperwork for her and went home. I was called the next day and was told I was approved to be Chloe’s “new” mom. \:D/ In due time with patience, nurturing, bunches of love and good old-fashion spoiling she evolved into a great dog and my “bestest” friend, companion and confident. Where ever I was at home, inside/outside, upstairs or down she was there. She was like my second skin. The two of us had a lot of fun times together and made a good team! :) Chloe and I enjoyed walking a lot around our neighborhood and town and it didn’t matter what kind of weather it was or time of day or night. Some of my neighbors referred to us as the “neighborhood watch”.

It’s hard to put into words the feelings I have for her in my heart. I may have rescued her but she also rescued me. I feel so blessed to have had her in my life and so thankful for the multitude of memories of the life and times we shared and are stored in the memory box of my mind. Every now and then one pops up and makes me smile or chuckle or brings tears to my eyes.

I miss you so-o-o much Baby Dog! Mom loves you bunches & bunches!
Last edited by reddog on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: I Miss You Chloe!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by wokman »

That brought tears to my eyes. Chloe was so fortunate to have you find her and be her forever Chow Mom.
Thanks for sharing your memories.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Ahh, those soft touching memories of our past chows! I too still being on the site see a pup or two that remind me of my past chow babies and the memories come flooding back! Chloe was surely blessed to have you as a Mom,!! And as a Mom we know how blessed we are too , to have had them in our lives and forever in our hearts.
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

I've had various dogs in my life, but until we got our first (of many, hopefully) chow, you just can't understand the depth of feeling and love they are capable of. I loved every dog I've ever had, but there's just something about a chow's love that's entirely different. Ours are now approaching 12 years of age (Tempest) and 11 years of age (Emperor Ming) and I love them more with every passing day.

So sorry to hear of this sad anniversary for you, but it sounds as if you have plenty of happy memories and always remember that she's merely at the bridge, not gone forever...