Today marked a year without Nikki and it was hard

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Today marked a year without Nikki and it was hard

Post by chowpups »

A year has past since Nikki left us. And today was a day of tears, smiles and lots of memories rehashed.. I miss her every day still and I know she is now pain free and I hope looking down and giving me a silent hand with Bella ....We went to the beach today which was her favorite place to go.. Hubby and I sat along the beach and watched all the dogs running free and enjoying the sun .. I can only hope and pray Nikki was there with us and enjoying it too..we just wanted to go to a place today that we all remembered as a happy fun place...
Miss you baby girl..
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Today marked a year without Nikki and it was hard

Post by Rio »

Hang in there, memories and emotion are humans way of dealing with loss. Without the feeling of loss and grief you would be a sociapath!!!!! Oh gosh that sounded harsh, wasn't meant to. It's good to go to places where happy memories are, having a good cry actually helps with the loss too.
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Dear Nancy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know exactly how you feel having lost my beloved Chloe roughly a 1 ½ yr. ago although at times it feels like it was just yesterday. Nikki will always have a special place in your heart and be in the memory box in your mind. As for Bella, even though she’ll never replace your Nikki, she will help to fill the void Nikki left in your life.

Sending you a big comforting hug.

Take care my friend

Pam
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

You and Bob and Nikki were on my mind all day yesterday.
That hole in your life is so big it is hard some days not to fall in. I think Bella had the right idea she did everything she could to distract you and remind you that she is a preasious little girl too. She cant replace Nikki but as Pam says she will help fill the hole and give you all the love she has.
Even those of us who have not lost a chow can imagine from having them what it will be like to be without them one day and it looks pretty hard to me. I send you hugs my dear friend.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Nancy my heart goes out to you, I know how hard it is and especially with Nikki being as young as she was when you had to let go. Sounds like Bella gave you plenty to smile about while you were at the beach though. Cocoa is sending purple kisses to you, hope it helps a little. :x
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Hugs ....know the feeling all to well as I lost my beautiful Lace this year

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

It's funny how the little things that Leo and Max will do remind me so much of Kimba. No, they don't replace but they help to put things in perspective and rekindle the love and affection Kimba and I shared. ((Well, maybe not love but certainly acceptance.)) I imagine Nikki and Kimba over Rainbow Bridge having some zoomies together. Nice thoughts like that always seem to bring a smile through the tears. {\0/} hugs to you and Bob!
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Thank You all for your kind thoughts, I think Nikki has channeled into Bella , she is a Golden Zoomie expert and does them in the same spots Nikki did, so funny to see. and for a golden Bella can look at me with the same stubborn look Nikki could when I throw her toys to retrieve .It's really very funny and NOW Bella has Planted herself in Nikki's spot under the table where I can plant my feet in the cold weather under her for warmth... Nikki I could just bury my feet in her fur but Bella doesn't have that kind of fur!!!! But it's funny that so many things still remind me of Nikki!
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

It's really very funny and NOW Bella has Planted herself in Nikki's spot under the table where I can plant my feet in the cold weather under her for warmth.
Cocoa does the same, from the first day her favorite spot when I'm in the kitchen (all the time when she was a pup confined to the kitchen) is under the table on my feet. Good to hear that Bella has a bit of chowiness in her too. :D
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

The first year is hard but you have the gift of remembering. :)

Remember the old Hebrew proverb :-

"Say not in grief she is no more but in thankfulness she was." :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)