Mabel RIP

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Mabel RIP

Post by Theo »

Just reading this Judy, and wanted to let you know how sorry I am to hear about Mabel. Mabel and Millie were stunning and I always loved to read your posts. Prayers for you and your family. xo
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Dear Judy,
it has been such a long time since I been on the site, so I just read about Mabel.
My thoughts are with you and I know how hard it must have been for you.
However, the beautiful soulmates Millie and Mabel are romping together again.

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Judy,

It's been a while since I have visited. I just saw this posting about Mabel. I am so sorry. Mabel and Milly were so beautiful together and I do remember how Mabel grieved after Millie passed. This all just makes me so sad. As I write I think about my Sasha and my Koda. I miss them so very, very much. When they arrive, they take such a huge part of our hearts. We all love our dogs (any breed or mix thereof) but there is just something special about a chow chow allowing us to become a part of their lives and then having to give them up. It's different with a chow. And maybe that's the difference. Instead of us allowing a beloved pet into our lives, we have been privileged to have a chow love us and let us in their life. So sad. But we all cling to that hope... beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

Sorry for just rattling on Judy. As with the other babies that I watched grow and had to say goodbye to, Mabel and Millie's life have had a profound part of my life and I thank you for sharing each of them with me.

Love Always,
Nancy & Tai
Nancy and Tai

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you Nancy.
We are just getting used to just having the two young M's, Matilda and Maisie. :)
As you say, these chow chows take such a huge part of our hearts with their lovely characters and the love they show us.
Fred and I consider ourselves so lucky having another pair of girls. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I am so very sorry to hear of Mabel's passing Judy & Fred.
I haven't been on here for quite a while so I just saw this.
My deepest sympathies to you all. She was loved so much and had a wonderful life with you.
RIP sweet Mabel.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Dear Judy and fam ...

I'm a bit behind and I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mabel. So glad to hear she left full of love and support. So glad to know how Matilda and Maisie have continued to fill your hearts and help you heal. Leo and Max did so much of that for me.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Judy, I have just read this devastating news, and I am so very sorry, I have over the last few months often thought about Mable, and to hear that she has now gone to join her sister , over the Rainbow Bridge. Again I am so sorry.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you Carolyn - thank you everybody. It is a touch lonely without her but we have settled to just Maisie and Matilda. They missed her a lot, especially Maisie but they are fine now.
She is with Milly now. :)
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Judy, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Mabel. How you must miss her along with Millie. I will always consider them the gran dames of chow dom. I am so sad for your loss

David
aka dogdad
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you David.
It seems so long ago now but it was only last August. Matilda and Maisie missed her badly but they are young and have now got on with their own lives. I still find myself getting three bowls out sometimes when I am thinking of something else then it hits me!
Harry our black and white cat misses her still. We have a padded rug here in the sitting room where old Mabel used to snooze and he used to go and snuggle up to her. He still goes and curls up on it but he looks so small on it on his own. He was a kitten when Milly and Mabel were chowlings so they grew up together. He loves Tilly and Maisie though and sometimes one or other of them will go and lie with him.
She was a lovely old girl, as was Milly - characters for sure and these two we have now are just the same. I just love them.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Judy, Fred and Rhiannon,

I am so sorry this is so late, I never get on the forum anymore. My deepest sympathy. I loved reading out Mable and Mille. Now they are together forever.
They knew they were loved and you were/ are such good chow parents

David, Yoshi, and Maxine