Bear II 2002-2012 RIP

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Bearsmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Bear II 2002-2012 RIP

Post by Bearsmom »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I wish I could figure out how to post pictures here but the above link will take you to the FB page where I posted Bear II's pic from last fall...

He came to me five years ago as a rescue and I am sooooo blessed to have had him. He turned out to be a charming boy who took really good care of me. I am hurting, missing him terribly...and feeling really badly that it took them 2.5 hours to find a vein and had to go straight to the heart finally...that he had to suffer that indignity and discomfort in his last hours on earth...I know he is with Bear I and Rosie, Zenzen and Sulemon, the Cadre, watching over me...and will always be...

Bear-Bear...Berry-Bear...Bay-owwwww...Buddy Bear...you stole my heart and now will be its guardian forever...I'm sorry ole'boy...now...go play with the puddies...
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Bear II 2002-2012 RIP

Post by Rio »

So sorry you lost your baby,and I am sure he loved being rescued by you. Rest well little boy.
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Dear Allison,
My heart goes out to you and I’m sending you my deepest, heartfelt sympathy. I know how you feel. I lost my 15 year old beloved Chloe a year ago January. She was also a rescue.

Bear II may be gone physically but he will always hold a special place in your heart and be in the memory box of your mind.

He knows you loved him and did your best for him even at the end. Now he is pain free and running and playing with his buddies. May it be a comfort for you to know that when your time comes he’ll be waiting for you at the Rainbow bridge in heaven.

My thoughts and prayers are going out to you and Bear II.

I’m sending you a long comforting hug.

Take Care
Pam
Bearsmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bearsmom »

Pam...thank you...its going to take awhile ...I'm just devastated...I wasn't prepared [is one ever?] -- but I'm feeling today that, having spent the night with me last night...he's moved on this morning and fully on the other side now. He came home with me last night though...we were both confused and lonely for one another...his presence lingered. Its up to me now to move through this, remember and honor him for the Gift that he was to me.

Chow Chows are an incredible breed of dog. Stubborn - like me. Bear II and I got a long so well because we understood one another...:)

He was so incredibly beautiful too...eye candy. His blue tongue, his squinched nose and deep eyes...his THICK fur that when spun turned out to be brown not blue or black...and his faithfulness. In the end, his Spirit...so incredibly Beautiful all...

Thank you Pam...it helps,
allison
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Bear was a very beautiful boy and has his place in your heart. That place will alwasys be his and you will have all your wonderful memories of him. For now the pain is overwhelming but one day it will get a bit easier and you will be left with the memories and be the richer for having known him. I am so sorry for your loss. Run free beautiful Bear.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I'm so sorry. I just saw this post. I feel the love and pain in your words. The sharp pain will dull, but you will always long for your Bear...there will come a time though, you will smile in remembrance. Until then, I send my prayers and sympathy.
Bearsmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bearsmom »

We are so Blessed aren't we? That these chow buddies find us and allow us to care for them for awhile on their way through...he is at rest now...still comes in once in awhile just to check on me...but mostly I feel the love between us now...thank you for your words...
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Bearsmom: We have a wonderful bond all of us on here, we are chow owners or were chow owners, and we all seem to understand exactly what you are saying. Bear run free little guy..
Bearsmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bearsmom »

I know...this is where I found BearII back in 2007...I am so grateful for all of you who understand, for the pictures of all the chowdren...and the advice I've gotten about BearII over time with various things...thank you all!
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

I've been out-of-pocket for awhile and just saw this post. I'm so very sorry about Bear II, he was such a handsome boy and obviously well-loved. In the long-run, being well-loved is the best gift that we can bestow upon our Chows. Their dignity and demeanor just grow on us and our love knows no bounds. Bear II is free of pain, he's happy and running with all of those other Chows that we have lost...
Towbartone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Towbartone »

BearII has not gone, he is still there in your mind and heart, you have so many good memories of him and no one can take that from you.
No other dog grabs you like a chow, they ARE a part of your family, THE most intelligent dog, no, they are more than a dog, so much more. take comfort that he is now happy and free of pain then your pain will become less as the days and weeks pass. Soon you will be able to talk about all the good things you did together and all the joy he brought to you