Cindy, protector and companion, a family member

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

SleepyFilipy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Cindy, protector and companion, a family member

Post by SleepyFilipy »

I'd like to leave some photos of Cindy, my first Chow, who was so intelligent and sweet loving that everyone in our family thought of her as much more than a pet. My parents always trusted her to keep watch over me when I played outside the house, and even in her last years she kept the same loving attitude towards children, she could never get enough of them.

The only time in all her life she ever showed agression was one day, while I was playing outside (I was 9), and Cindy was watching me closely as always, our neighbor's doberman and rotweiller showed up and attacked me (still have a mark on my back from that day) and Cindy fought off the two of them without them even being able to scratch her... I've never seen anything like that... I swear she looked like she was flying...

I'm 27 years old now and I still cry as I write here, remembering not only how sweet she was, but on how I owe my life to her, had she not been there.

I'll leave you some photos of her, during her last few years, guarding my nephew as she did with me before. She never lost that protective posture, even near the end.

At age 14, she died of natural causes according to our vet, and was in no pain when it happened. I want to believe that's true because she deserved to go that way, with no pain, and in our home which was where she belonged.

I'll leave you some photos of her, during her last few years, guarding my nephew as she did with me before, I just can't post any photos of me and her, every time I look at them I still sob like a little kid.

She never lost that protective posture, even near the end.
Andria
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Cindy, protector and companion, a family member

Post by Andria »

What a precious gem you had...and thank you for sharing. Much joy with your newest addition to the family and may Cindy's spirit and memory always be present while your raising your new Chowbaby
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Cindy, protector and companion, a family member

Post by reddog »

Thank you for sharing your memories and photos of Cindy. Please accept my heart felt sympathy for your loss. I feel that it doesn’t matter if that special furbaby passed away today, a month ago, or years ago – they will always hold a special place in your heart and in the memory box in your mind.

It’s OK to shed tears or sob if you feel like it. I lost my beloved Chloe as year ago January. (I posted a memorial in the forum – “In a Purple Fog”). There are times when a memory of her comes to mind and the tears come like the waves from the ocean to the shore.

I just read your post and saw your pictures of you new furbaby Molly. \:D/
What a cutie! Enjoy & Treasure!

I, myself, rescued a 7 yr. old chow this past December. Her name is Whitby. I was told she was named for an art museum in London, England. How appropriate – she is a piece of work – but that’s OK.

Take Care
Pam