RIP "Duff" 24th Oct 2011

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

RIP "Duff" 24th Oct 2011

Post by Swerve »

Well my best mate passed away yesterday after the roughest year of his life.

1st Dec 199 to 24th Oct 2011, age 11.8

Duff was half Chow/ Shar Pei and was the driving force in getting our Smooth Chow "Winston" who is now 2.5. Duff did his rear right Cruciate Ligament a new Years Day 2011, which we had surgery and all was great. Then in June he was diagnosed with Pancreaitis and a heart murmer. Then a week later he did his other cruciate luigament. And then Sunday night we had a big downhill slide and the hardest decision of my life was made yesterday at the vet.

We adapoted Duff from a rescue home in Oct 2004 and he was wonderfull. He did have a great life and always had the best of everything. I will miss him so much and he was so loyal, all he ever wanted to do was be with me and it suxs he had such a hard year, I will miss you boy

Love Dad.

RIP Duff, 01/12/1999- 24/10/2011
Winston, 15/04/2009 - current
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: RIP "Duff" 24th Oct 2011

Post by Sirchow »

I know how hard a year you have had with Duff and you have done a wonderful job getting him through all his various difficulties this year. Duff knew how loved he was by you and Maz and was such a happy boy from such a hard begining. You gave him a long life that so many dogs can only dream of. It is so hard to let him go and you gave him the one last gift we can give our chowdren...a dignified end. Rip in peace Duff duff. So sorry for your loss Stephen and Maz....give Winston a hug from me and I am sure he will be getting lots of hugs......
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I know how hard a year you have had with Duff and you have done a wonderful job getting him through all his various difficulties this year. Duff knew how loved he was by you and Maz and was such a happy boy from such a hard begining. You gave him a long life that so many dogs can only dream of. It is so hard to let him go and you gave him the one last gift we can give our chowdren...a dignified end. Rip in peace Duff duff. So sorry for your loss Stephen and Maz....give Winston a hug from me and I am sure he will be getting lots of hugs......
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

Thanks Siriol,

As you know you have been a huge help this year with knowledge and support through Duff's cruiate issues. I know it gets better with time and the wound is very young, but it is so weird not hearing him walk down the hallway and the moral issues weigh heavy.

It's great having Winston as he has been smootherd today and I asume he's thinking "just leave me alone dad". But in true Chow fashion he doesnt let of any emotion, so cant tell anything.

Steve
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Iam so sorry to hear about Duff I so enjoyed your stories of Duff and Winston. I too had to make that decision last Fri. and its the hardest to make, but you know Duff is free of any pain now. My Nikki just went downhill so fast and she let me know it was time..you just feel it in your heart and you see it in their eyes..

Duff, be free ...of all your pains..and do a couple of zoomies with Nikki now..
chica_2626
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chica_2626 »

I am so sorry for your loss. Duff looks like he was very happy and loved through his life with you!
chrissybrook
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chrissybrook »

so, so sorry to hear this :(...lovely pics of Duff & you guys....sounds & looks like he had a wonderful and very happy life with you...sending our condolences your way...RIP Duff xx
Chrissy & Maya

Thank you Siriol for the lovely banner
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

Duff was a beautiful dog - my condolences on your loss.

Yvonne
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I am very sorry for your loss. I know how tough it is to make that decision. He looks like he had a wonderful life with you. He is running free now.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Rest in Peace, Duff [-o|
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

RIP Duff ... and zoomie zoomie zoom over the bridge. Give my Kimba a purple kiss, if you will ... oh how I miss her!!! {\o/} hugs to you and yours.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Steve,

I am so so sorry to hear this. It's very apparent how much you loved him through all of your posts about him. My heart and prayers go out to you.

Godspeed Duff!
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

Thankyou all for all your great support. Yes he was loved dearly and can't wait for the pain to pass and to only recall the good memories.

I also see a few of you have had recent loss and may all our puppies run free, lick and sniff together. My last doggie loss was in 1999 and I recall it hurting for a while, but these days I look back and only recall the great things. So just cant wait for the same with Duff, just wish it was quicker. It's also great being able to talk about it which I believe will help my healing process.

Thanks

Steve
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Sorry I did not reply sooner. Duff was a classic. I always enjoyed the photos and adventures of him and his little brother. I hope you get to only the good memories soon.
Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

Thanks Auddymay,

Just reading this has brought tears up again. Was only thinking this morning how Duff would bash and open the door into the bathroom. I was always so annoying, but gez I miss it.

It was amazing how Duff struggled with Winston initially but after that 1st 6 months they were so close. This last year the two were always together and Winston really cared for Duff. looking back at my mobile phone photos Winston is always looking at Duff. Winston who is now 2.5 years never challenged Duff for alpha male which I am gratefull. Duff was his little king untill the end.

Miss you Duff Duff, gotta go as this is really hurting.

cya

Steve