My Sweet Brandon has passed to the Bridge

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

My Sweet Brandon has passed to the Bridge

Post by Yvonne »

I hate to even think about writing this post, but my sweet boy Brandon passed to the Bridge on September 29th, 5 or 6 weeks short of his 14th birthday.

He had been partially paralyzed the past two years, but he got around pretty well with a "doggie wheelchair" and a rear support sling to help with his hind legs. Long story and lots of things happened, but we were always able to keep him fairly happy and comfortable most of the time. We were fortunate to have had great vet office support, and here at the house we just did whatever it took to keep him feeling like a part of the family as best we could for as long as we could. He was an absolutely wonderful boy, and I'm honored to have had him and been able to help him through his physical challenges the past two years.

Haven't posted in quite a while, but wanted to put this on the forum.

Yvonne
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: My Sweet Brandon has passed to the Bridge

Post by cherriemater »

Yvonne ... my heart is sad for you. Thank you for your dedication to Brandon through all the pain and suffering. Thank you for making him as happy as could be. What a treasure that must have been for him. I hope Kimba and Brandon can get together over the "bridge" and have some zoomies!!! Just think of it! He's perfectly well and jumping and dancing now! May that thought bring you some joy. {\o/} Hugs.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I am so very sorry for your loss. Your boy was very lucky to have you taking care of him in his final years. Now he is an angel looking down on you, running around free of pain.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Yvonne
I know your Brandon must have been special to you and Iam sure hes glad he had a special person to care for his special needs. The love these chows give us is just unmeasurable and also unconditional and its special when we can give back to those that need it too. I'am so sorry for your loss but thankful that you had each other in a time of need..I know Brandon and Nikki will find each other for a zoomie.
Nancy
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Yvonne, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Brandon!
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

Thanks, everybody, for the thoughts and prayers. I'm trying to post a picture of Brandon - it's telling me my picture file is too large. I know the joy of having my boy was worth the pain I'm feeling right now, but there are moments when I have to wonder.

Yvonne