RIP Butter

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

CHIKN
Rank 0
Rank 0

RIP Butter

Post by CHIKN »

On September 12, 2011, my beloved and faithful white Chow Chow Butter crossed Rainbow Bridge.

I'm 40 years old and have had the honor- no privilege of being owned by a Chow Chow since I was 14. Rainbow Bridge has 4 of my owners now. I can tell you it does not get easier with age accepting the death of such an amazing, caring, and loving animal.

Butter, I will truly miss the way you snored when you slept. I will miss the way you would greet me the morning after my 24 hours at the firestation, like I was the only one in our family that you loved, but knowing you loved us all. The patented Chow Chow series of "BUUFs!" just before you would deliver a full-on bark will never be forgotten. Your protective nature and unconditional love and affection to your family will be missed. Walks to the bus stop to pick up our 5 year old Cooper wont be the same without you. I would give anything to smell your occasional bad breath once more. Finding your white balls of fur around the house means something much more now that you're gone.

I miss you so much Butter, and pray I was a worthy human. Thank you for the short time we shared as it will be cherished. You are, and always will be my Hairy Little Man.
Attachments
BUTTER.jpg
BUTTER.jpg (50.6 KiB) Viewed 5609 times
Last edited by CHIKN on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: RIP Butter

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I'm so so sorry for you loss.

Godspeed, Butter!
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
chica_2626
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chica_2626 »

I am very sorry to hear of this. I know what you mean about feeling like the chow chow owns you! No other animal in my entire life has captured my heart in the way my boy has.
CHIKN
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CHIKN »

Thank you both very much!
CHIKN
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CHIKN »

I finally found a pic
I finally found a pic
BUTTER.jpg (50.6 KiB) Viewed 5609 times
chica_2626
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chica_2626 »

Oh Butter is absolutely gorgeous!
oceans
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by oceans »

I am so sorry to hear about Butter. I actually have commented several times to family members and have showed them pictures of Butter as to how gorgeous he was. Of course you're a worthy human because you have had the privilege four times of being owned by a chow. You obviously understand the specialness of what chows have to offer their humans. I lost my special Nellie of 15 years, several months back and now I have started a new relationship with our new pup Matilada. Take care.
CHIKN
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CHIKN »

@chica and @oceans- Thank you so much for your sympathy. @oceans- Not many people can understand the specialness, or "Chow Effect" as I like to call it, that chows possess and transmit to their humans. The effect is unlike anything any other dog or animal has. Before I found this site, I didn't know so many people recognized it. I know your Nellie is missed, and am happy to hear about Matilada.
In my grief, I have forgotten to mention Xoie, Butter's girl and best friend. She misses him too, and constantly wants outside to look for him. She goes to the grave our children (Butter's children too) made for him and sits for awhile. Here are some pics of Xoie and Butter's beautiful and meticulously maintained (by the kids) grave. Butters human kids include our 17 year old girl, and two boys one 13 and one five.
Butters grave
Butters grave
RIP Butter.jpg (75.61 KiB) Viewed 5566 times
Attachments
Our beautiful girl
Our beautiful girl
XoiE2.jpg (89.56 KiB) Viewed 5566 times
Xoie
Xoie
X @ Butters grave.jpg (72.75 KiB) Viewed 5566 times
oceans
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by oceans »

I defintely understand what you mean by Butter leaving behind his best friend. When Nellie passed on her best friend oddly enough a Rottweiller (Harley, now passed on) almost passed away from a broken heart. I had never experienced this before but Harley literally cried and moaned and would not eat for several days. He was so restless looking for Nellie. I had to end up calling the vet and he explained that dogs also mourn like a human. He advised that I just give Harley some extra attention and he will eventualy come around. Harley did eventually come around but he was never the same. He passed on a year later. I have to say Nellie and Harley were the best pair of dogs I have ever owned. Might I just say Nellie was the boss, and Harley all of a 120 pounds was ok with this. He loved her so .....
HoggyDog
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by HoggyDog »

I'm so sorry for the loss of your HLM. He was truly worthy of owning you.
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Oh how my heart aches to read what you've written about Butters!! A truly noble tribute which shows just how loved Butters was and why he could love you back. You made it easy for him in the way he was loved. Being accepted by a Chow Chow is truly a wonderful experience as I came into our Kimbas life when she was about nine and my husband and I have been married four years. From biting to kissing, Kimba and I went through it all and I miss her terribly. But, as many of the kind people on this forum have said, the tears of grief have become sighs of remembrance. She was a good girl and I miss her. I can feel how much you miss Butters.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Butter was a loved and valued family member, he could not have been with anyone more worthy than you. I'm sorry you must be without Butter.
CHIKN
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CHIKN »

Thank you all for the understanding words.
These past few weeks have been better, however there are so many things that "don't happen" which I dearly miss:
Xoie greets me every morning I come home, but no Butter.
When I would sit on the floor to put my shoes on, Butter thought that was his one-on-one time... And it always was! Sometimes I would sit on the floor and pretend to put my shoes on, but he knew... And always lovingly obliged.

But the single most thing I miss is our couch time. I would lay on my back on the couch with my head in the corner (sectional couch) and Butter would plop next to me on the floor. I would put my hand on his head at first, and he would manipulate himself so I was rubbing his chest.. I miss my HLM..

Thanks again for listening.. or reading..
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Iam so sorry to hear of Butters passing, and I too just lost my girl and I agree those moments when you walk in the house and no one is there to greet you with a tail waggin, or at night you have certain bedtime routine of a walk and run to their bed and lights out and the thud and huff and they are on guard till morning...Iam glad you are doing better . I know it takes time..