I'm heartbroken...

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

I'm heartbroken...

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Last night, Tippsy took an extreme turn for the worse... And today I took her into the vet because she was in so much pain... Her kidneys were failing and I had to make the hardest decision EVER... I had to put my girl to sleep today. :cry: I stayed with her the whole time stroking her and telling her how much I love her and she passed in my arms. :cry:

Run free baby girl! I love you so much and I miss you! Nothing will be the same without you!
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: I'm heartbroken...

Post by Loha'sDad »

Our deepest condolences. Tipsy is no longer in pain. She lives on in the hearts of every living soul she encountered---- including Jazz and Dixie.

Loha's Dad
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Jess, Iam sooo sorry to hear this .. I feel your heartache believe me....You were Tippsy's best chow momma.. And she was a good leader of your pack, you both did your jobs well .. I know she will be missed by all .. Take care and you always will have wonderful memories and lots of wonderful pictures you took of your gal Tippsy.
RIP Tippsy
Love from
Nancy and Nikki
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Jess, I responded on the other site but wanted to respond here as well. I am heartbroken and crying for you. I know how mcuch you loved Tippsy and unfortunately also know how hard it is to make that final decision. She is free from her pain now. Be sure to take care of yourself. We just lit our candle for Tippsy and Boogie is sitting here with me in silence.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Godspeed, Tippsy [-o|
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
BeckiHutton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by BeckiHutton »

Oh jess, I am so sorry to hear this. I had a tear in my eye reading this. It is horrible having to make that decision, but you did the right thing. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
Pretty little lily :). Thank you sweetpea for the wonderful banner
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

Jess, what can I say? Nothing that would be of any help to you! Maybe you have the chance to keep Tippsy near you, that would be a great comfort to you (not so much right now, but) further down the road. You're lucky to have two loyal dog friends left to comfort you!
Tippsy, we'll miss you!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thank you all so much! Y'all's kind works have left tears streaming down my face. I miss my girl so much! I could barely sleep last night because she wasn't there snoring at my feet. I just wanna be able to hold her one more time, but I can't... And I'm haunted by the cry she let out when they stuck her with that needle. :cry: And Dix and Jazz are so confused... They keep looking for her, and I know I can't make them understand. I'm just ready for that call saying that I can come pick up her ashes. I want her home where she belongs. :cry:

Again, thank you ALL so much!

Jess
crickle_22
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by crickle_22 »

awww sweetie!

I just saw the posting now and I have to say... I shed a few tears while reading it and said a few prayers for you and your little angel! I'm so sorry to hear that you had to experience something so tough as letting a best friend go. By the postings I have read and the comments you have left I can tell that you truly loved her and took such great care of her! You should be so proud for being the person who gave her such a great life and also proud for being strong enough to allow her to be free from pain! That takes great strength my dear! Allow yourself to grieve and know that no matter what your choices are in regards to getting a new chow pup... it doesn't mean you are trying to replace her.. it just means that you now have more room to love another too.. not instead.
I pray for you to recieve all the strength it will take for you to get through this! I'm truly sorry.
crickle_22
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by crickle_22 »

I came across this before and thought it seemed fitting..

"God turns clouds inside out to make fluffy beds for the dogs in Dog Heaven, and when they are tired from running and barking and eating ham-sandwich biscuits, the dogs find a cloud bed for sleeping. God watches over each one of them. And there are no bad dreams. " by Cynthia Rylant

She is free, she is safe and she watches over you now.. :)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Jess - I am so sorry - I have only just read this after I read your post in the other section.

You will be glad you were with her and you must always know and remember that letting her go with love was the greatest act of love you could give.

As I have posted so many time before:-

"Say not in grief she is no more but in thankfulness she was.

You have both been lucky girls - she for having you and you for having her. Just remember that. :)

You are right though - nothing will be the same without her but and it is a very important but - you will feel better as time goes on and when you do get another pure bred chow chow, you will remember with pleasure and love your precious Tipsey. :) [:D] [:D]
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Jess...I will miss hearing about Tippsy's shenanigans. I find it strange that for the rare times I enter this site or look at the memorials...I was prompted to come here today. I loved Tippsy's tales and how well you told them. We will all miss her but she will forever bring smiles to our faces when we think about her. Take care and know that she felt your love immensely to the very end. Peace and Love.
Jennifer & Sheena
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thank you, Crickle, Judy, and Jennifer! Y'all's kinda words have brought tears to my eyes! I'm bawling right now! I keep expecting to see her and I think I hear her all the time, and it breaks my heart even more. But I KNOW I did the best thing I could for her, and I take some peace in that.
Jess
J & C
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by J & C »

Oh, Jess, Sweetheart; I am so very, very sorry. You are so special and everything you post is laced with love. I feel like I know you and yours! I have always found comfort in the words; "Remember me with smiles and laughter. If you can only remember me with tears, then don't remember me at all." Of course, I am sitting here crying reading about all this too. But I know it means that we should strive to remember the best of times and celebrate Tippsy's precious gift of life. I wish I could hug you. I am so sorry.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thank you! I'm trying my best to remember the good and not focus on the pain of her not being here anymore.

I picked her up this afternoon, and as emotional as it is to pick her up in a tin, I feel right having her home where she belongs.

{R.I.P. Tippsy ~ 5/4/2000-4/26/2011 :angel: }
Jess
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Jess, I don't look in the memorial section as it make me cry. I just saw your other post and had to come and see what had happened. I am so sorry for you and your crew. You did the best thing you could have done.

Run free Tippsy and hugs to you Jess xxx
Thank you Sweatpea
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thank you. We're taking it moment by moment and getting by. I would REALLY hate to know how much of a wreck I'd be without Dixie and Jasper to keep me going.
Jess
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Sorry to hear about Tippsy. She will be forever in your heart, and now runs free with Cinder at the bridge.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

oh Jess, I am so sorry. I know how much you loved Tippsy and I am sure it was mutual. Remember she is still with you in your heart and memories

David
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thank you, Audrey and David. I'm alone(other than Dixie and Jasper) tonight for the first time since I picked up Tip's ashes, and I laid on Tippsy's dog bed with her toy reindeer and just cried and Jazz came over and laid in front of me with his head in front of my face and just watched me as though he KNEW I needed him.
Jess
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Today made one week without my girl, and I cried a good bit today... :cry: This morning I was cleaning my room and I found one of her old collars and it still smells like her. :cry: Even though in all reality, it shouldn't seeing as it had been washed since the last time she wore it and hadn't worn it since... And then, I heard Keith Urban's "Sweet Thing" on the radio and cried... They vets office had that playing in the waiting room when I took Tippsy in to be put to sleep last week. :cry: I miss her so much. :( :cry:
Jess
crickle_22
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by crickle_22 »

Hey sweetie. I was looking at some posts today and thought of you... I hope you are starting to feel a bit better and your spirits are begining to pick up! Just wanted to check in and see how you were doing!
xo
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thank you. I'm getting through. It's though. The night before last I literally sat her and thought "Oh, I've gotta take Tippsy potty" and then yesterday, I was feeding Dixie and Jasper and I thought "Gotta feed Tippsy" and even grabbed her old bowl and started to put food in it. :cry: It's difficult, but I'll get through it.
Jess
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Today makes 1 month without my girl. I miss her so much and think of her everyday. And though I don't cry as much anymore, it doesn't feel any easier to be without her. :cry:

I love you baby girl! I hope Cinder and Dusty are lookin' out for you!
Jess
solomon
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by solomon »

R.I.P Tipsy, it looks like she lived a great life and was loved very much..I think thats every dogs dream and you made her dreams come true.