Still missing my beloved Troy!

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Still missing my beloved Troy!

Post by Juniper »

This is the only place I can come to lament about the loss of my Troy de Bad Boy. I have difficulty looking at any pics of black chow-chows w/o falling apart. I feel like he just left this morning. My heart feels so empty. Although I have Sheena, thank goodness, to enjoy my time with...Troy, well, Troy was my oh so loveable boy and I miss him so. Thank you for reading and empathizing w/my sadness. I look at the other chows who have passed on and totally understand the loss of our fur families.

May all who have lost find peace of mind and happiness of spirit this new year.
Jennifer & Sheena
Auddymay

Re: Still missing my beloved Troy!

Post by Auddymay »

I missed when Troy had initially left us, only finding out months later. Despite his challenges and extra work, I felt your love for him in your posts. I am sorry the season whacked you too. There are several of us feeling the sting of loss this season. Usually I just click the link below my Lily signature, and watch Pip's tribute. It rips me and I cry hard. I don't feel better, exactly, but it drains off the loss a little to remember.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am sorry for you loss. I am still feeling the loss of Maxwell. The pain is always there, In time it just isn't on the surface. Hang in there, it will get better

David
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I am so sorry you are still having a hard time with the loss of Troy. He was such a good guy who had a rough time of life. My daughter Caitlyn was especially fond of your Troy. I am sure Fozzie is up there bossing him around and keeping Troy inline. Fozzie was a stickler for order.

It is really hard to explain but Fozzie passed away on Monday this week. We all felt awful. I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach and couldn't eat or stop crying. I felt that way all day Tuesday too. Tuesday evening, I had this really warm settling feeling come over me like everything was going to be okay. You guys are going to think I am completely crazy now but I swear he is here again. I feel him and unexplained things keep happening. Our cat also is behaving strangely. All of a sudden he gets up and starts making all sorts of noise that he has never done before. My daugher is ready to get the straight jacker for me and the cat but I swear it is Fozzie and he is okay.
Boo Daddy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Boo Daddy »

I am truly sorry for your loss.
AlwaysTango
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AlwaysTango »

I'm so sorry for your loss and pain. It's been over a year since we lost Zilla and my heart is still broken in pieces.
kozmicangel
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kozmicangel »

I am sorry for your loss, I too lost my Avalon the week before Christmas. Thank you for posting. I think that owners of Chows have a special bond with their dogs that may not be understood as well by people who have never owned one. The level of loyalty in a chow is something to be admired, and the loss of my chow has also been much harder than I would have expected. I miss her everyday, and reading your post helps me to know I am not the only one who understands. Thank you.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I know it's very hard when you lose such a dear companion. Let time do it's work...you will start feeling better. Sending love to Troy in Heaven.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I am so sorry - the pain really hurts and I wish I could make it better for you.

"Say not in grief he is no more but in thankfulness he was."
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I'm sorry I hadn't seen this sooner Jennifer but my heart breaks for you. You were such a wonderful,loving Mom to Troy.
I don't think these feelings get better with time,I think we just learn to live with them.
I lost my sweet Kai in August,he was only 3 years old and I am still crying almost daily about that loss.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
mckay76
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mckay76 »

I'm sorry for you loss...I just lost my friend Dennis yesterday. He was only 18 months old and a black chow as well. :(