A year ago today...

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Boo Daddy
Rank 0
Rank 0

A year ago today...

Post by Boo Daddy »

It was a year ago today that I said goodbye to my best friend in the world, my chow Boo. I thought I was getting better, but now that I am waking up and realizing the date, I find myself in tears yet again. I miss him so much. He was an amazing being. In his memory I am reposting the tribute video I made for him last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IeEiWhazCM

I miss you so much, Boo.
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: A year ago today...

Post by Merlin »

What a beautiful tribute to your friend and confident.
I hope during this past year you've found some Peace.
NEVER Support Back Yard Breeders & Puppy Mills
Contact Your local Chow Chow Association to find your Breeder of Merit!
Better Yet ! Adopt!
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I remember the video. It is very touching. I am sorry it has been so rough. I don't think it ever gets easier. Hopefully you can find another chow to love, not to replace Boo, but to help out another chow and to help you share your love you have for Boo. I wish I had words to make it better......
Boo Daddy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Boo Daddy »

Thank you Merlin, Boogie and Linda for your kind words. I do miss him, but life has gone on. Someday i will adopt another chow (or some other pet in need), but right now my circumstances are not amenable to that. I had sort of put my life on hold so Boo could enjoy the remaining years of his life. Now that he is gone, I am jumpstarting my life. For the next three years I'll be living in a tiny place as I go back to school. Once I am through school and can return to the lifestyle i was used to, I will open my home and heart to new animal friends who need a good home. Thanks for your kind words...
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Boo was so fortunate to have been rescued by you. You gave him the best years and your tribute testifies to that. Good luck with school.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

You are very wise to wait until you can be able to take in another furry friend. The first year is the hardest...I hope you will feel less pain and sadness as time goes on. It's very hard...I know.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I also remember your tribute, very touching. I too lost a special family member, Pip, almost 6 months ago. I also have my Lily, but just could not imagine another any time soon. You will know when it is time to start thinking of a new companion.
Boo Daddy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Boo Daddy »

Kingsalls, CoraP and Auddymay--

Thank you also for your kind words. I am sorry to hear, Auddymay, that you lost your Pip. At least you have Lily to keep you company and she has you.

Yes, eventually I will take in a new furry friend--but only when I am able to give him or her the attention and care he or she deserves. But there will never be another Boo...