Mr. Chew please wait for me

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

anita
Rank 1
Rank 1

Mr. Chew please wait for me

Post by anita »

Mr. Chew has gone on ahead of me. I am going to miss him so much. He has been my family for 16 1/2 years. I pray we are together again in paradise. I have been doing a lot of drawings of him to cope with the pain try and help me heal. I had lots of nicknames for Mr Chew.

Where's my chow chow?
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Mr. Chew please wait for me

Post by fillyok »

Awww I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Chew. I still remember the pic of him sunning outside with the zebra-colored carpet. Run free sweet Chew...you were so loved.
anita
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by anita »

Thank you so much. It makes me feel so good to know you remember him.

He was my boss for so long I am lost without him. He regulated my day. Especially near the end with the eternally changing special diets, supplements, meds - he always kept me on my toes. The thing that is so hard is that he died in an accident and that it was my fault. All the years I took such loving care of him - I was always so careful - vanished in an instant for my moment of neglect. All the walks - Chachi walked me silly - all the car rides, the journies, the drive thrus where we shared onion rings, the perfect beds ( we ended up with LLBean) - I even built my career around him and the others so I would never have to work 9 to 5 and could be home with them a lot.

Even at 16+ years age he still had so much life in him. We still walked twice a day. I always knew the day would come and I tried to prepare myself. I never prepared myself for a horrible accident.

Our years together were the meat of my life. Like I am 47 now and when I he first came to me I was 30. You don't think about that at the time. We are only here long to enough to know the lives of so many dogs. We always hear how short our pets' lives are, and they are indeed too short for us, but they are long enough to be a great chunk of our lives - so that when they are gone we really don't know much of life without them. I feel like I am trapped in a life I don't recognize now. Like I don't really even know who I am without him. And I am still so hurt I don't really want to be anyone without him.
Where's my chow chow?
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so very hard to cope when they are gone.
He had a wonderful life with you.
RIP Mr. Chew
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
anita
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by anita »

Thank you so much. I hope that is true. I feel like I let him down.

Where's my chow chow?
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am so sorry, We all have regrets, what is important is that You loved Mr. Chew and He loved you
anita
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by anita »

Thank you so much. I loved him so very much.
Where's my chow chow?
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I'm sorry Chew had to leave you. I went through the same thing a few months ago, I feel your grief and heartache. I am certain Chew will be there when it is your turn, just like my Pip will be there for me.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

(((Anita))) ...I'm very sorry for your loss. You gave Chewy many wonderful years and he knows you love him.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
anita
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by anita »

Thank you both so very much.

Auddymay, I am so sorry about Pip. Wouldn't it be really wonderful if they are there for us? I can't imagine anything better.

KIngalls, I do hope he knows. It is all such a mystery. Where they come from, how we come to love them so much, and where they go and why.

I pray all our questiions are answered one day, that the answers are good ones, and that we all get to spend eternity with our bubbies.

I went to a pet loss website last night and it really helped me.

Where's my chow chow?
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Godspeed, dearly loved Mr. Chew.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
anita
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by anita »

Thank you. What sweet bright eyed babies you have.

It is so weird because until I was thirty I was afraid of all dogs. Then I ended up with 4 and being a single woman for so long they really became my family. Those years will always be in my heart like nothing else I ever lived. Loading them up in my big old Wagoneer. All the days we walked through the woods together - how the four of them would come thundering down the path behind me. The millions of walks! I remember how we hunkered down in my little house together on rainy days. I used to share my pizzas with them and usually my supper. Even my tofu. Mr Chew loved my tofu.

There is only one left now. She's a 14 1/2 year old beagle, lab, chow mix - a real sweetheart. Her name is Gracie. She was the youngest of the four.

I really miss the United States. It really is the last great place on earth. It almost never rains where I live now and there are no woods, there are no squirrels. Take care of that great country.
Where's my chow chow?
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I agree with you Anita. My hope is that we will all be together again someday.
I have lost 5 Chows and Chyna is my remaining little girl.Shes 8 years old now and we've lost 3 male Chows together.
Its so sad to think about. We have our happy memories and thats what we have to hold on to!
Where do you live now Anita?
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
anita
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by anita »

Jaqui, It's nice to know I am not alone in my feelings. Thank you. I live in Cyprus now.
You must love your little girl very much.
Where's my chow chow?
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I do love Chyna Anita but miss my boys.My heart is heavy like yours right now as I just lost my boy too.
You still have your Gracie with you. I know you love her and she will help you thru this.
Wow,Cyprus! How did you end up there?
Boo Daddy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Boo Daddy »

I know exactly what you mean about having your life revolve around caring for Mr. Chew and then...not knowing what to do now that he's gone. You just have to carry on. But it's so very hard. I totally feel for you and sympathize with your loss...
anita
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by anita »

Thank you. You brought tears to my eyes. It is still really painful.

Your chow chow is so cute and looks like such a personality.
Where's my chow chow?
Boo Daddy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Boo Daddy »

Anita,

Thanks for the note about my chow buddy. But, I know what I was talking about when i left that note about you and Mr. Chew and not knowing what to do when he was gone. That photo is my Boo. He went on Dec. 2, 2009. I expect he and Mr. Chew are together and waiting for us to join them when the time comes. Peace to you in the new year.
anita
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by anita »

Boo Daddy,

I am sorry I did not understand before. I just watched your memorial video for Boo and am sitting here in tears - I so understand the love you felt for him and still feel. He looks so special , truly, and no doubt that is partly because of the love you gave him. The more we love our bubbies the more appreciated they are the more valuable and special they become. Our love adds value to life and God's creatures, human and otherwise.

And Boo's wagging tail shows how much he knew he was loved and how much he loved you. And his eyes - you can see it in his eyes as well. He adored you.

Thank you for taking the time to post to me and Mr. Chew - these tears remind me of all my love for my Chachee - I still feel so gutted by the loss. It is so hard to watch the passing years in your video - you expressed that so well - the way you brought his water bowl to him -

Peace to you in the New Year also.

Where's my chow chow?