Farewell Venus

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

rufnedge-2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Farewell Venus

Post by rufnedge-2 »

I've come to let everyone know my 2 year old passed this morning. She had a heart attack.. We took her to the vet to get bloodwork done and she fought with the tech's and the vet. They couldn't keep her still... she was there to have an enzyme test due to her nonstop months of diarrhea with blood, some vomiting too, and weight loss. They asked if they could sedate, we said ok, and we could pick her up in a few hours. Well they did and then let her rest, walked her back to the exam room approached her and she began fighting them again as if she didn't have any sedation in her, and then her heart gave out. They performed cpr, gave epinephrine, tubed her. But she never came back. -- She was an avid birdchaser, rabbit chaser and loved our other dog Nem. She was born in West Virginia her parents were Nikita & Thunder of Thunder Hills Chow Chows, owner Holly Thompson. Venus was the most beautiful girl and loved her soccer ball. We will miss her so. Until we meet again I love you Venus forever and ever.
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Farewell Venus

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I am so sorry for your loss. How sad. The poor girl. Run free Venus.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Awwwww I'm sooo sorry for your loss, just heartbreaking Run Free Venus.

Thanks Sweetpea!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

[-o| Godspeed, Venus...
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Oh my goodness, that's way too young.

Goodby sweet Venus.
Mia
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Iam so sorry you had to go through such a sad loss. Another chow angel crossing over the bridge.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I am so so sorry for the loss of your beloved Venus. She was far too young to be taken. Rest in peace little Venus. [-o|
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

so sorry for venus passing at such a young age to thinking of you xx
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I am so very sorry to hear about Venus. I will be thinking of you, and wishing you peace.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Run Free, Venus! I am sorry for your loss, she was so young.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

So sorry to hear about your venus. Such a young girl. My heart goes out to you.
SweetPea Rocks!!
rufnedge-2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rufnedge-2 »

Thank you. It's nice to talk to other people about our chowdren. This was so darn unexpected, I had no idea of that there were risks involved with preanesthetics. I just didn't know. If you have a wirey chow chow who doesn't want to be touched I warn you know don't allow them to get so stressed out, that it kills them. She didn't bite anyone but man oh man she could wiggle out of anyone's arms. She will be so sadly missed, Nem has been sleeping in her bed. Is this healthy?
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Nem must be missing his Venus too and perhaps it brings him some comfort to sleep in her bed. I would just let him for now and as time goes on he will get more used to her not being there. It must be such a hard time for you with all the things that go through our heads in these situations and all the if only's. Take care of yourself and allow time to grieve.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
rufnedge-2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rufnedge-2 »

** Warning sad stuff below **

You are so right SirChow, about all the if onlys. And am trying to take care of myself, oddly enough I had this week planned all year for vacation, it's one of the only things that is helping me right now. Yesterday I called the local pet store (I've come to know them) to ask them the "is it healthy" question below, they said the same thing as you. And also, we had her leash in the garage and each time we would open the garage door he would look behind us as if to look for her, plus we knew he could smell her scent, with their keen sense of smells and all, so not until yesterday did I bring her leash in. The pet store said he probably thinks she is out there, and then I realized it was time to bring the leash & harness inside. So I did and he picked it up and put it near his bed, he put his head down and looked up at me with big droopy eyes. I'll never forget that. We are currently trying to find another mate for him. He was looking for someone to wrestle with last night.

I gotta say, about a month ago I read this article about human nature, apparently us as humans have a natural instinct to be happy and positive. I actually found my humorous side starting to peek out of me last night, since he didn't have anyone to wrestle with, I attempted to act like a dog a bark the best I could and do that sideways push like him and Venus would do to say "hey i want to play". Ahh but he caught on to me quite quickly & stared at me like I was "special", lol.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am so sorry, no matter what the age it is always sad, in your case it is such a tragic and unexpected passing

David