Remembering Jasper, Chow Chow Ambassador

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Lucydog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Remembering Jasper, Chow Chow Ambassador

Post by Lucydog »

Born, November 23, 1996
Adopted February, 2006
Went to the Bridge March 3, 2009

Our pack is not the same without him.

Jasper's whole memorial is here: http://lucydog.com/blog1/?p=138
Because owning just one banned breed isn't enough!
-- Rest In Peace Jasper the Chow Chow & Lucy the Pit Bull.
Dallas Pet Laws Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/x-2924-Dallas-Pet-Laws-Examiner
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Remembering Jasper, Chow Chow Ambassador

Post by Laura »

I am so sorry for the loss of Jasper. I read your memorial to him and the story of how you came to have him. It is a wonderful story and I am very happy to see another Chow Chow change a mind and make a friend for life. He was a beautiful boy. I had to laugh at you comparing him to a 65lb cat...that describes many of them perfectly. I have a 71lb cat and 67lb lap dog here. :lol:
Bless you for taking him in and for all the breed work that you do.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I am so sorry to hear about Jasper. I also read your tribute to him and the story about how you came to give him a home. I loved it. Jasper was a special boy. I'm glad you got to know him and that he dispelled your fears about Chows. They are wonderful, brave, and loyal companions. But then again...I don't have to tell you that. You knew Jasper!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

I am so happy you were able to feel the love of a chow. Jasper was a special boy!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Godspeed, Jasper!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Jasper. He was a gorgeous boy.

[-o| Run free, sweet Jasper!
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
mamasboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mamasboy »

I read your memorial about Jasper and was so touched by his story. He was a beautiful boy and was so lucky to be part of your family. Thank you for rescuing Jasper, you are truly a "special person" to give him a home in his time of need and make him part of your pack. I'm glad that Jasper picked you to spend the last years of his life with and hopefully it won't be too long before you get to pick the first peach rose that you planted in his memory. I am so sorry for your loss may warm memories of Jasper comfort you during this difficult time. Take care.
ImageImage
LEO
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Jasper was a kind spirit and I am sure he will be missed by many

David
Lucydog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lucydog »

Thanks, everyone. He taught me a lot.
He was such a calming influence on the pack, I am worried about Loretta. She's been hiding in the closet a lot. We have had strong winds from the South and any kind of quasi-stormlike weather makes her hide and shake, but now she does not have her buddy.
Losing Jasper meant I lost my most vigilant watchdog, too. Though in the last few months he couldn't hear very well. So, fortunately the dog gods back in October sent us a new Pit Bull, Jolene, who was already housebroken and not destructive. She has taken over the night watch duties and sleeps downstairs (she was in her crate). So far so good.
When we were waiting for the vet to come, we had to laugh when my husband said "I hope the dog gods don't send us any more dogs!" Because 3 weeks after Lucy passed (she was out first and favorite dog), they delivered not one but TWO stray dogs to our gate. Jolene, and her son (or half-brother - he is a PB mix). Now we have 5 dogs. Unfortunately our oldest dog BB, same age as Jasper, has osteosarcoma. It is growing very slowly and she is doing OK.
Because owning just one banned breed isn't enough!
-- Rest In Peace Jasper the Chow Chow & Lucy the Pit Bull.
Dallas Pet Laws Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/x-2924-Dallas-Pet-Laws-Examiner