my baby

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

smoky
Rank 0
Rank 0

my baby

Post by smoky »

one week today i had to put my baby to sleep. that was the hardest thing i have ever done. now i miss him so much.
i had him for 15 years and 3 months. i kept seeing him going down hill for about 2 years now he had artheritic (not sure if it is spelled right) i had him on med s for 2 years and it helped a little . my husband even made dogie ramps for the steps to make it easier. he was our life ,our house was his dog house. and me and him always had our power struggles but he knew mommie was still the boss. this baby showed me more love than what most people does. he was the first one i saw of the morning and the last one i said good night to. since he is gone this is the sad and lonely house .
all i have ever owned is chow chow but this one had left a paw track on my heart. my worries are now they are not many chows left around in my area and i don`t know if i will want any thing but a chow chow.
i have read some of the other stories and i know we have something in common the love we have for these babys. i am glad to see others that love theirs as i did mine. thanks to all of you for your stories.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: my baby

Post by CoraP. »

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You took very good care of your chow in his old age and I'm sure he appreciated every bit of his wonderful life with you. Chows are special in so many ways, I can understand your not wanting any other breed.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am so sorry for your loss, it is so hard when we lose someone so precious

David
nean007
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nean007 »

all i have ever owned is chow chow but this one had left a paw track on my heart. my worries are now they are not many chows left around in my area and i don`t know if i will want any thing but a chow chow.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. How you describe it is how I'm going to feel when Dargo goes to the rainbow bridge. Please know that you don't have to be chowless. The furballs can be flown or transported to you. Look at the arrangements being made to get Maxine to David (Dogdad). We got Dargo from West Texas Chow Rescue and he was flown in to Denver, CO. (we live 40 minutes from the airport). It CAN be done. Don't despair.

Many hugs,
Jeannean
Hugs from Dargo and Denny!