Chelsea - a throw away

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Chelsea - a throw away

Post by Terrina Harris »

In loving memory of Chelsea.

Chelsea we made the painful decision that it was time to let you go to the rainbow bridge today. Your medicines just were not helping you any more with the pain from your arthritis. When you weren't sleeping you were barking at unseen ghost. I tried to ignore the signs as you got worse but I could no longer be selfish.

You came into our rescue 16 months ago almost 11 years old at the time. You were an owner surrender. Your past Dad had gotten you as a puppy and had you for a few years before he got married and had 2 human kids. To this new wife you were just a dog and to her a dog is a dog and they belong outside. They lived in a home with a fenced in back yard with a dog house and it sounds like that is where you spent most of your time except at night. Then they moved and the new place no longer had a fence, so you came to live on a chain while outside. His sister came to Michigan and convinced him it was not fair for you and she contacted us. So we met with them and he gave you to us. We knew you were a senior but we could not let you live the rest of your time outside. He said that you loved being outside. Oh and right before he got back in his car he did tell us you did have a slight case of arthritis. We got you right into our Vet and had X-rays done and it was more then a slight case. We made the decision at that time you could not go to another home, you needed to be in your last home.

For us being told you preferred being outside you sure enjoyed spending your time inside near one of us. At night you had one place that was your spot to sleep and that was on the floor by my side of the bed. When it was bed time and if one of the other furkids was in your spot you sure told them off. Everyone of them would leave your spot.

Chelly my grumpy old Chow mixed with love you left this world with our love, in my arms and tears in your fur. The month you were born is the month you left. Run and be pain free and I will see you again someday.
Thank you sweetpea!!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Chelsea - a throw away

Post by CoraP. »

I'm awfully sorry to hear of your loss of Chelsea. It is so hard to say good-by, but when they're in such pain, it is the most loving thing to do. Godspeed, Chelsea.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. There is nothing that I can say that will take away your pain, but remember, Chelsea lived the last 16 months in a home where she was loved and not abused, to her I am sure it seemed like heaven. She passed knowing she was safe and loved, and not chained outside alone. You gave her what we all want. Love and Safety. I am typing this with Maxwell's picture on the top logo. I don't think it is a coincidence. Run free Chelsea

David
chris

Post by chris »

Oh Chelsea, run free beautiful one. xo
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

it sounds like the last 16 months of her life were the happiest.
Bless you,Larry and Chealea.
I'm so sorry for your loss of her.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Terrina, I'm so sorry for your loss. As others have already said...she had a wonderful end to her life and you gave her the final gift.
Run free sweet Chelsea, no more pain for you. [-o|
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I am so sorry for your loss. You did a great thing in taking her in to the rescue. Run free sweet Chelsea.....Run free. :cry:
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Goodbye Chelsea :cry:
ImageImageImage
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Larry and Terrina,

I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave Chelsea the best!
You two are very special for all that you do for chows.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!