I Love you Oso!

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

JELLY31
Rank 0
Rank 0

I Love you Oso!

Post by JELLY31 »

Oso losing you was the hardest blow I've ever had to face. You were my baby, and my best friend. I will never forget you. You loved us with all your heart and believe that it was returned. I never knew it was going to be this hard but trust me it is, I don't know what to do with my self. I still expect to see you when I get home, hear you when some arrives. I miss the way that you would follow me and put your head right under my hand so I would pet you! I just feel there is no moving on from this. Please forgive me for not taking care of you, I wish there would have been something I could have done to keep you with me healthy and alive. No other person or thing will fill the emptiness in my heart that you have left. I find myself lying in the dark remembering those last moments with you, I think I'm still in shock because I still expect to see you everytime I open the garage. But then reality sits and I realize it's true you have left me. We've spent 13 great years together and I thank you for all the times you've been there listening to me and hearing my cries. I hope you are at peace now and done with the pain. Yesterday was one of the worst and saddest days of my life and it's not getting any better. Rest in Peace Oso, your mami loves you!

Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: I Love you Oso!

Post by Mia »

I am so sorry for your pain. Oso looks absolutely gorgeous. I bet that little baby is adorable too, LOL!
Mia
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

I am so sorry for your loss. That emptiness is hard to fill. My heart and my prayers go out to you.

Debra and Milo
Debra: Hobo and Milo's Mom
Banner by Sweetpea!
JELLY31
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JELLY31 »

Thank you both very much. I'm very sorry if either has lost your loved one but if either has please tell me how to cope with this pain. I lost him just yesterday and I feel like I'm going crazy!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

not to many people come in this section you should post your loss of Oso in the general section, there are alot of people that have lost Chows this past year that may not see your post you will get more support and advice there. Don't move this post to Oso leave it here but you will get more support in general

I added Oso to the memorial video earlier but it takes awhile to upload it to the site.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
JELLY31
Rank 0
Rank 0

I Love You Oso!

Post by JELLY31 »

Oso losing you was the hardest blow I've ever had to face. You were my baby, and my best friend. I will never forget you. You loved us with all your heart and believe that it was returned. I never knew it was going to be this hard but trust me it is, I don't know what to do with my self. I still expect to see you when I get home, hear you when someone arrives. I miss the way that you would follow me and put your head right under my hand so I would pet you! I just feel there is no moving on from this. Please forgive me for not taking care of you, I wish there would have been something I could have done to keep you with me healthy and alive. No other person or thing will fill the emptiness in my heart that you have left. I find myself lying in the dark remembering those last moments with you, I think I'm still in shock because I still expect to see you everytime I open the garage. But then reality sits and I realize it's true you have left me. We've spent 13 great years together and I thank you for all the times you've been there listening to me and hearing my cries. I hope you are at peace now and done with the pain. Yesterday was one of the worst and saddest days of my life and it's not getting any better. Rest in Peace Oso, your mami loves you!

Last edited by JELLY31 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chowmia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: I Love You Oso!

Post by Chowmia »

Oh, how my heart breaks for your loss. Such a long time to share the love of a wonderful companion, who is now at peace and free from pain. Time, though it is passing so slowly for you now, will help to heal the hurt left behind. Keep the memories of all the good times you shared and keep the faith in knowing that as time passes, little bit by little bit, the pain of your loss eases. My prayers are with you.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I am so sorry for your loss. I know the pain and grief are hard to take. I too found and joined this site when I lost my Kody July 31st of 2007. There is comfort and understanding here. To be honest a piece of my heart is gone forever but I do have 2 new chows in my life who gave me a reason to get up in the morning and plenty of love and laughter to help ease my pain. There is not a moment that I don't miss Kody and the grief will last the rest of my life but maybe when you feel up to it you might search for another Chow to love. Not to replace Oso...that isn't possible...but when you are ready a new chapter to open in your life. Oso would not want you to be sad or alone. My heart goes out to you right now because I know the pain is unbearable. Time will take the edge off but the space between now and then is very very difficult. <hugs>
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
cleopatra20043
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cleopatra20043 »

I can't even immagine what you are going through especially at this time of year. My heart truly goes out to you! Run free Oso you were loved and will have someone to wait for at the rainbow bridge!
Julia
Thank you Sweetpea!!

A wagging tail lifts you when life has let you down.
deidre
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by deidre »

Your story brought tears to my eyes and before i knew it i was bawling my eyes out...

I wish you love and compassion through this time and pray that your heart heals.

We all love our chow kids so dearly that we never think of that fateful day till it comes and it knocks us right down. I too dred that day but it shall come. I just make the most of every day i have with my girl and i hope you have precious memories to help you through this.

All my prayers for you

Deidre
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm so sorry to hear about Oso. My heartfelt sympathies to you.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Scarlets Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Scarlets Mom »

I have tears in my eyes reading your post. I think any of us who have lost one of our beloved dogs, know the intense pain and numbing grief that occurs in the days, weeks, and even months that folow. Godspeed Oso you will be missed very much. Keep watch over your Mami until you two can be rejoined.
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

I am so sorry for your loss. This poem always comforts me; I hope it does the same for you.

Last Night

I stood by your bed last night; I came to have a peek.
I could see that you were crying; you found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today; your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.
I was with you at my grave today; you tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you; I smiled and said, "It's me."
You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It's possible for me to be near you every day.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
The day is over...I smile and watch you yawning
And say, "Goodnight, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out...then come home to be with me.

--Author Unknown
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

I also feel for you, I lost my Denim this day last year, and tonight as I read your story, tears are also runing down my face, not only for the loss of your Oso and My Denim but for all those that have lost Chows and other pets at this time of the year.
May he rest in Peace and may Denim lead him across that Rainbow bridge to a land that is free of Pain, and full of happiness and Love.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

I am crying, Crying all this morning knowing all too well the lose of a beloved Chow. Run free sweet Oso, run free with Tess, Sullivan, Denim, all that went before you. They will show you the beautiful rainbow bridge and tell you of the hope of seeing your own loved ones once again. Bless you.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

..................and when you crossed the Rainbow Bridge you would have arrived in The Happy Hunting Grounds, where there is no pain, no suffering, you are young and healthy again and every day is spring. Black and white cats sunbathe in the trees and all God's creatures are at peace with each other. The lambs rests with the lions and the mice are afraid of no-one.
Run free all sweet chow chows. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

i am sorry for the pain you are enduring for losing your beloved Oso. You ask for advice but all i can do is tell you what i have learned. We lost our baby Jade in September she was10 1/2. The pain was so bad some days it hurt to just breath. I realized i cried for 61 days straight. and i still cry now and then but i am slowly getting back to my normal self. I am not over losing her but i am learning how to function without her by my side but i know she will always be in my heart. I also have a charm with Jade and Nala's ashes so they are with me every where i go.I did not read everyone's replies (started crying again) not sure if i am already writing something already said. Don't feel you are alone. There is nothing wrong with talking about Oso. It is different for every one. Take as much time as you feel you need.
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wallacethegreat »

I'm so sorry for the pain and grief you're going through. Many of us have lost our Chow kids and always find this particular part of the Chow site hurtful to read, but we do it anyway, if for no other reason than to give support when someone loses their beloved Chow.
I lost two Chows this year...Wally on January 26 and Berkley on August 5th. It hurts more than when my parents died, I think.
When I lost Wally, I ended up getting Berkley just a few months later. Then, I lost Berkley and got Fozzie-Bear a few weeks later. And, while no one will ever replace either Wally or Berks, Fozzie has helped a lot to heal my heart. Hang in there. Most of us here have lost our Chowlings and know how you feel. It's just never easy and I've found that even the passage of time doesn't make me feel any better, although Mr. Foz was just what the doctor ordered.
Laura Mac, mama to Fozzie-Bear and to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chows