Beautiful Grandma Dog, I'll never forget you

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

lastmango
Rank 0
Rank 0

Beautiful Grandma Dog, I'll never forget you

Post by lastmango »

Sweet Kyia, I miss you so much. I think of you everyday. After 13 years it's hard to get up and know you are no longer here with me in the physical sense. I look at your leash hanging by the door and wish you were here to go on a walk with me (I'm getting fat not walking but I can't bear to walk our route without you :).

I'd like to introduce Kyia. I got her in May of 1995, only two months after the unexpected passing of my first black girl Jake (age 3 years). I had Kyia for 13 years. She was here through two children, an x-husband, a divorce and a bankruptcy. I really don't want to offend any of you but she was really the best darn chow chow ever. She NEVER acted aggressively towards my two daughters nor a plethora of nieces or nephews. She was so animated and loving and gentle. She on the other hand hated cats and other dogs... Makes me smile now.

After she passed my youngest daughter age 10 called me after getting home from school, she was crying because she was scared to be home alone without Kyia there to protect here. Nobody could come in our yard that she didn't know...which I like, that is called a good thing!

She was so beautiful. I never missed an opportunity to lay on the floor with her and talk to her and tell her she was the prettiest chow girl ever. I would sometimes watch her sleep...her big muzzle resting on the floor just looked beautiful to me.

Kind of a funny story about her. We had just moved to our current residence and it was our first night in the house. We had just re-did floors, putting in hard wood floors. My X brother in law was visiting from out of town and he was staying with us. That night Kyia woke me up snoring so loud...It was just reverberating off the hard wood floors. The next day I was talking to my sister and I told her that Kyia kept me awake all night with her snoring and she started laughing so hard, she hit the floor. When she finally regained her composure she told me that by bro in law called her the next day and told her "Wow, your sister can really snore". He didn't realize it was Kyia. I still laugh about it today.
Last edited by lastmango on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It's one thing to have a dog, it's entirely another to have loved a dog".
Ginger Bears Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Beautiful Grandma Dog, I'll never forget you

Post by Ginger Bears Mom »

I am so sorry for your loss, it is never easy when we loose one of our Chowdren. She was a beauty. Welcome to the site, read and visit it will comfort you.
Betty, Ziggy's Mom
Ginger Bears Mom ~ In Loving Memory, 8.5.93 - 11.16.07

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next."
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

What a beautiful girl. I am sorry for your loss and hope that time will help ease the pain a little.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
ruffinolisa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ruffinolisa »

So sorry for your loss i lost my chow baby miesha on monday my heart is broken so i know how you feel hang in there!!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

She was beautiful! I am so sorry for your loss! It is a heartache unlike any other! (((hugs)))
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
lastmango
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lastmango »

I was messing around with photobucket and made a slideshow of Kyia. Click the image if you would like to see some chow girl pics.
"It's one thing to have a dog, it's entirely another to have loved a dog".
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

such beautiful pictures of Kyia.she was a very pretty girl and well loved.I am sorry for your loss :(
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChowLady »

Sorry for your loss, its heart wrenching when you loose a chowkid. Time eases the pain but not the memories you have, they remain in your heart.
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .