Happy Day, little Lucy.

Share and keep track of special events, birthdays and anniversaries for your Chow Chow.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Happy Day, little Lucy.

Post by Judy Fox »

Happy Day to little Lucy Heard of the Heard Herd. Have a lovely day with your Mummy and your family. The flag is up for Pekoe today and we will fly your special flag tomorrow.xxx
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Happy Day, little Lucy.

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Hope you had a great day Lucy!

We miss hearing from you and the gang.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
LucysSusanH
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LucysSusanH »

Hi, everyone

Thanks for thinking about Lucy and The Herd. Lucy is doing well with her pemphigus. She has regrown a gorgeous coat of shiny black fur, but oddly, has no undercoat. When her fur parts a bit, you can see right down to the skin. The top of her muzzle is still bare as are the tips of her ears, and the is the best we can hope for. But, it is so much more than I hoped! She takes 6 meds a day but continues to rule the pack. The other day she either caught a rabbit or managed to get a caught rabbit away from one of the others - quite a feat for a "sick" dog. I tried to get the dead rabbit from her but she insisted and I relented. Life is short - eat rabbit. Of course, that resulted in a bad case of tapeworms that cost $35 to cure, but still, life is short.

The others are good - Pete and Sally the near-Chows and Ming, the Shar-Pei. No, Judy, no Pug, Peke, or Chinese Crested, but we still call our home China Dog Farm.

I continue with rescue and all that entails in terms of emotional and financial cost. There is a lot of sadness but so much joy for the few we are able to save. Each one is special and so worth it.

Purple kisses to all!
Lucy's Susan H.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Happy day, Miss Lucy! Thanks for the update on Lucy. I wondered how she was, and hoped for the best. I'm glad she is doing so well, excepting the tape worm. She is just telling you TN chows don't need an undercoat.