Happy Birthday Gwrol.

Share and keep track of special events, birthdays and anniversaries for your Chow Chow.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Happy Birthday Gwrol.

Post by Judy Fox »

Happy Birthday Gwrol.

We hope you have a lovely day and that your Dad takes you for a walk and you get some treats.

The Tennessee Flag is flying for you in the garden on The Island.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Happy birthday Gwrol!! Have a wonderful, wonderful day!!

BTW, the pictures of you in your hat will always be some of my favorite chow pictures ever!! We need more Gwrol pictures!! :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

Happy Birthday, Gwrol!
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

chowfrnd88 wrote: BTW, the pictures of you in your hat will always be some of my favorite chow pictures ever!! We need more Gwrol pictures!! :D
Yes, I agree!!! Lovely photo of him with his deep red color too!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Gwrol boy!
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Happy Birthday to you :)
ImageImageImage
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Everytime I look up at the chow moon, I think of you and your daddy driving you home... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GWROL! Harrouff!!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Happy Birthday Gwrol, you handsome Chowboy!
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

Thank you so much Judy for remembering and every one for good wishes.

i am like chow in respects to time ,lucky to figure out the season / phase of the moon and time of day , so some date related things slip by , I wanted to give the boyo a bath , trim his nails and a good grooming and take a Birthday picture. however, if you ask Mr Chow about bath he would just as soon not, He enjoys the way he feels after it is all done but the doing of it is much like getting a bad molar pulled [ which is what i did on his birthday]

So all that was to happen was the normal walk .. however , the forest spirits had other plans !!!!

we walked down the paved road as we normally do , but instead of returning up it i suggested we follow the old abandon road[ 200 years ?] up the bottoms.it is apparently useless land untended,swampy ,and cut over by loggers, as we walked i saw one of the Forest Kings , a large Buck Deer , fair rack , the Bull of the Woods , the Buck was down, the hunters had shot him through and not killed hime so he ran to his place , his home ground and there passed over to where ever dead wild things go when the spirit flies.. he was fresh dead blood still bright , the smell of life still on him and the glint of life still in his eye.. ..

Gwrol Y Gwladgrwr ,the Chow , has a history with deer here, he came from the kennel and had nerer seen the wild. when walking in the woods we often came upon the deer who fled away leaping lightly , once i was in the battlefield park and was down watering the boyo when the deer while fleeing from other walkers nearly ran us down, , he has a different bark when seeing the deer , not the WOOLF WOOLF so often associated with chow rather a high YIP YIP YIP..for years he wanted to chase them and since much is protected / unhunted lands we did , however deer are much fleeter of foot than an old man and a chow.. the lept away flashing white tale flgs and laughing deer laughs..

the big buck .. fresh dead smelling of life so shortly ago gone .. I thought chow would want to sniff , however Attack was the plan chow rushed to the head bit the nose then grabbed the antlers and making the most wonderful never before heard sounds began to pull the big buck akong the ground , 5 feet, six feet more he pulled the dead forest king with apparent ease . had a hell of a time pulling the chow off. but he lunged again and caught the ear ,, ears are not strong enough for a chow to pull a big deer.. then afetr another wrassel and haul he lunged and caught a haunch , big gouts of fur and hair coming out pretty funny watching chow trying to spit out fur while trying to pull a deer.. . then i struggled away , chow sure did not want to leave that deer unatended ..

the next morning the rest of the deer clan came by the house , must been 6 or eight , two sets of this years their mommas , a yearling or two and a little Buck , Spike antlers , Spike's the boss now since old dads dead down in the bottom , they foraged on our property , Spike looked and snorted and stomped, they do not pay a lot of attention to chows and dogs behind fences,

so later we revisited the deer, i took my camera along hoping to get a picture of chow with buck , Chow Chow does not care much for day old deer, it was nothing to him , i have seen him pay more attention to leaves and twigs that fell from tree ,the lesser creatures had starthed their task of returning the deer to the forest eco-ssystem. ..

i felt sorry for all that venison going to waste, but i noticed that , *somthing* in the woods is utilizing it, chow went and smelled a little at the fresh red meat , never touching it , it was where he started the task the day before..

maybe if i had of cut off a haunch and hauled it up the hill he would have wanted some , we better cut that particular path a wide berth for a while , soon it will be in the state where a chow will think it is perfume perfect for rolling in ..

so i suppose no chow ever had a better birth day , to finally catch the fleet footed deer in the woods, and mark it with his teeth , so those preditors and scavengers who followed to harvest the fall bounty would know ,, the Chow on the Hill had been there first .

i took pictures , however, i never got a host site that would show here, so if it OK with Judy i will send them to her to judge for quality..

thanks again for the birthday wishes from me and the
Chow on the Hill

Growl Y' Gladgrwr

Brave the Patriot
from Pendelton
Gwrol
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Send the pictures to me Michael and I will put them on for you. :)
Gwrol surely did have an excellent birthday - I am so glad - sorry about your tooth though!! :(
But it was the boys birthday so I am glad he enjoyed it.
Such a pity you did not cut a haunch off the stag and taken it home.
I have never tasted venison but I believe it is very nice.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)