Khana's 3rd birthday - already!

Share and keep track of special events, birthdays and anniversaries for your Chow Chow.

Moderator: chowadmin

IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Khana's 3rd birthday - already!

Post by IliamnasQuest »

November 3 was Khana's birthday - it's almost frightening how fast time is passing! It seems like just yesterday she was the cutest puppy that ever existed, and now she's three years old (and still adorably cute, of course! *L*).

I woke up Saturday morning and she was stretched out alongside of me, her head next to mine on the pillow. Now, she normally sleeps on the bed but generally she curls up in the curve of my legs as I sleep on my side. This time she was flat on her side right beside me. Maybe she knew it was a special day? *L* I rolled over and started rubbing her sides and back and she wiggled around until she had her belly available for a good rubbing too. She's a girl who knows what she wants and knows how to manipulate me into giving it to her!

We got up and I filled my pockets with salmon treats, and all the dogs went outside. There's a small pen just off the back door, and then I take them out on-leash from there to potty (except Trick, who is rarely on-leash at any time). I took all three chows out for a long walk together, which they seem to enjoy. They like to sniff the same kind of places - must be a chow thing! Once they all pottied, I divvied out treats and let them chase treats here and there. They think that's a great game. Once the treats were gone, I turned Tazer out (the 4.5 old shepherd pup) and had Khana on a long flexi-line, and they raced and played and tumbled and gnawed on each other until they both finally just came to me, panting and slimy (but obviously happy). We went in then and everyone crashed for awhile.

Later my Mom stopped by and my sister too, so Khana had plenty of visitors. There were some more play sessions later in the day, and then in the evening Khana and I went to Arby's, where I got her a roast beast sandwich (she loves that warm greasy meat) and she ate the whole thing and a bit of bacon from my sandwich too. All in all, she thought the day was pretty darn good!

I took some photos of her today and she was a ham as usual. The first one here is her "scary face" .. *LOL* .. she looks kind of like the Joker from Batman! And then a posed one with her giving us that "I'm so sweet" look (don't believe it for a minute, she's 100% brat at heart!). She's majorly blowing coat right now and her legs look so thin as the undercoat tends to shed off there first.

You know what's really neat? Khana's litter was born on their dam's birthday - so Khana shares a birthday with her mother. So I sent off a "happy birthday" email to her sister and her Mom both .. *L*

Melanie and the gang in Alaska

Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

happy birthday and great pictures

dogdad
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KHANA!!! And what a BEAUTIFUL Birthday Girl you are Too!!!!
You made me laugh when you said her scary face looks like the Joker on Batman....... :lol: :lol: Yup, sure does!! :lol: :lol: You'll NEVER convinence me she is a brat though....I don't believe it for a second :lol: :lol: She does the I'm so sweet look TOO GOOD to be anything other than SWEET!!!
Sounds like you both had a WONDERFUL day together!!!!

Thanks Sweetpea!
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Happy Birthday, Khana!

"matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match, find me a find, catch me a catch..." :)
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Khana, it sounds like you had a great birthday. It always amazes me how fast time passes with them.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Happy Birthday Khana, great photos. I love the bottom one with the bear. She looks so dignified and all growed up. Enjoy your day,

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

chowgrl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chowgrl »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL!!! \:D/
Chows Are For Life
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Happy Birthday Khana!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

Thanks for all the birthday wishes - Khana wants EVERY day to be "Arby's Roast Beast" day now .. *L*

Melanie and the gang
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Happy, happy birthday Khana!!! :D It sounds like it was a really special day. Hope teh others were very sweet to you all day.

Love kiwani's matchmaker insert there. :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

*LOL at the matchmaker line*

Hey, she's just THREE - she's still a BABY! Let's not marry her off too soon .. *L*

You know, a chow email list I'm on just had a breeder post about her bitch who had a c-section and then ended up with an infection - she was very sick, spent time at the vet hospital and it looks like she'll pull through, but woah .. that's the kind of thing that makes me hesitate on the breeding as much as anything. The logical side knows that most of the time dogs do just great. The emotional side says "if something happened to Khana because I chose to breed her, I'd never forgive myself".

I was once told by a breeder that they were pretty sure I'd never breed because I was too close emotionally to her. I can see their point. It helps to see a dog more as a dog and less as a best friend if you're going to breed, I think.

I wish there were an easy way to just pop those little ol' eggs out of her like they collect the semen from the males .. *L* .. of course, then some dog would have to provide a womb. Oh well.

She's laying on the floor with her rump against my foot here. She's probably tired as I just had the pup out for quite awhile and when the pup is out Khana reverts to about six months old and plays wildly. It sure makes her sleep well at night!

Melanie and the gang
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

I'm really late on this - missed the thread earlier - but Happy Birthday, Khana.

Hope you had a great day!

Yvonne and Brandon