Whitby's the Birthday Girl!

Share and keep track of special events, birthdays and anniversaries for your Chow Chow.

Moderator: chowadmin

reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Whitby is celebrating her 10th birthday today. \:D/ It’s been a little over 3 years since I rescued her and I am so-o happy I did!. She's been a challenge at times - and that's OK. It has just made my life more interesting! We are getting a break in the weather here in Butler, Pa. today. The temp is in the mid 30’s and the sun is shining brightly. We’ve gone on several long walks already today and she has been enjoying making snow angels, burrowing and lying in the snow. She’ll lay on her back and look up at me as if to say “Ah! Life is good!” :D

Mr. Arthritis has settled into her back legs and her one front leg. Some days she has more stiffness and trouble doing steps. The last time we went out in my car she had trouble getting back into it and she hurt herself. I don’t think she is really impressed with her birthday gift. I bought her a ramp for her to use to get into and out of may car more easily. I have a Toyota Camry so I had to shop around to find a ramp that would work going from the ground up into the back seat. I bought the ramp on Saturday and we have been practicing walking on it in the house. At first she would just look at it and walk around it. I put a treat in one hand and take hold of her collar and gently coax her to follow the treat and walk on the ramp. =D= She’s getting used to it. We are to have a few more days of good weather this week so I’m planning to move our practice sessions out to the car on Tuesday or Wednesday.
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Happy birthday! (Sorry so late!)

Steph, Tiberius, and Elsa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kingalls

Re: Whitby's the Birthday Girl!

Post by kingalls »

Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry we haven't been on the site frequently. Hope it was fun!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh