Today Whitby's the Birthday Girl!

Share and keep track of special events, birthdays and anniversaries for your Chow Chow.

Moderator: chowadmin

reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Today Whitby's the Birthday Girl!

Post by reddog »

Today is Whitby’s 9th birthday and a cause to celebrate. \:D/ She’s been through some good times and some not so good and she’s come through all of these with flying colors. =D= I’d like to share some of her life story with you.

I rescued her roughly 2 1/2 years ago. Her original guardian got her when she was a puppy and loved, cherished, and doted on her during the short time she had her. Unfortunately her guardian passed away when Whitby was 4 years old. Whitby was then bounced between several relatives and states, living both inside and outside for a year or so. The guardian’s husband finally decided he wanted her back, even though he didn’t care for dogs. He kept her in a fenced-in back yard and interacted with her very little. A close friend of the guardian, Santa Paws - as I refer to her, talked with the husband and asked if it would be ok if she found her a good home to go to since he was planning to go back to Iran. He agreed and she posted here at cc.org. At that time I was searching for another chow since I'd lost my beloved Chloe earlier that year. She became the go-between for the husband and me. I never had any direct contact with him. Santa Paws went on vacation for a week or so and when she returned the husband was gone, his home was up for sale and no one knew where Whitby was. Fast forward - he’d dumped Whitby into an animal shelter and had left the country. A friend of Santa Paws happen to work at the shelter and mentioned about a red chow being there. Santa Paws checked the lead out, rescued Whitby and an 8 hour road trip was planned and set into motion. This trip took place in Dec. 2011 - hence the reason why I refer her as Santa Paws. Whitby was an early Christmas present to me from me. \:D/ \:D/

Whitby is a good companion and helps to fill the void left by my beloved Chloe who passed away 3 years ago at the ripe old age of 15. She is a great guard dog, especially since I live by myself, and is gentle as a lamp with my little granddaughter.

With all she’s been through since her initial guardian passed away, she really is a good dog, makes me laugh and is very well behaved - except when she see cats. :lol: There are times when I catch her looking at me and there is a look on her face as if to say “I’m a lucky dog and my mom loves me!” :)

Happy Birthday Baby Dog! Mom loves you bunches & bunches!!

She’s a keeper! =D= I’m looking forward to us spending many more years together. We’re both senior citizens and we seniors stick together. lol
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Today Whitby's the Birthday Girl!

Post by chowpups »

HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY WHITBY!!!!!!!!!!
I know momma will have a fun filled day planned !! And as the saying goes ,Who rescued who?? Sounds like you both needed each other! Great rescue story. Whitby hopefully the weather warms up enough for you and Mom to enjoy a good walk today?
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

What a lovely heart warming story :D
Happy Birthday Beautiful Whitby.....how lucky you found each other....it seems like it was meant to be
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Happy birthday Whitby! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I think remember when Santa Paws brought you and Whitby together. Happy Birthday Whitby!
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Nancy & Siriol
I think you’re both right Whitby and I rescued each other and it was meant to be. \:D/

Whitby says “Thank You” and is sending all of you purple kisses for your birthday wishes to her.