3 Cheers for Dec. 17th

Share and keep track of special events, birthdays and anniversaries for your Chow Chow.

Moderator: chowadmin

reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

3 Cheers for Dec. 17th

Post by reddog »

The first cheer goes out for Whitby! Two years ago today I made an 8 hour road trip through a blizzard in northern Ohio to meet up with “Santa Paws” to rescue Whitby and give her a new home with me in Pa. I found her through the help of this site. It’s hard to believe that I’ve had Whitby 2 years already. She’s now 8 years old – a senior, just like me. :lol: I was told she is named after an art museum in London, England and the name fits her to a “T”. She is a piece of work and can be a real Pepsi challenge from time to time with her antics. Each day with her is another blessing. She helps to fill the void left in my life by my beloved Chloe who went across the Rainbow bridge roughly 3 years ago. The difference between Chloe and Whitby is like night and day and that’s OK. That’s what makes life interesting. \:D/

Thank you to all of you here in this “neighborhood” for sharing stories, chuckles, a wealth of info, tips, guidance, understanding and being here for one another in good times and bad.

Cheer #2 My dad is celebrating his 91st birthday today. =D= He’s still cooking on all 4 burners – well, maybe simmering. :) He was a POW in WWII. He lives by himself in the home he built back in 1947. I’m so-o blessed!

Cheer #3 goes to “Santa Paws” and her husband. A year ago today they flew to Haiti to adopt their 3yr old son and become a family of 3 plus Cody their dog. How great is that? \:D/

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all of you from Whitby & me

Best Wishes
Pam
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: 3 Cheers for Dec. 17th

Post by Cocoa »

Happy happy gotcha day Whitby! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
And happy 91st to your dad too, that is wonderful.
Congrats to Santa Paws too!
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: 3 Cheers for Dec. 17th

Post by chowpups »

Lots of little blessings to be thankful for ...nice to see that people take the time to recognise them , so easy to get caught up in the holiday and not take the time to appreciate things.
Hope you and everyone else here has a wonderful holiday season. And Whitby leave those christmas ornaments where they belong...you want santa to find your house????