Sullivan Gotcha Day

Share and keep track of special events, birthdays and anniversaries for your Chow Chow.

Moderator: chowadmin

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Sullivan Gotcha Day

Post by pfordeb »

I think today is Sullivan's Gotcha Day, it's sometime around now. I was wondering today what she'd think of Lola. I think she's laughing at us somewhere. Forrest seems to forget Lola's alot like Sullivan was when we first got her. Puppy puppy puppy
courtsey of Sweetpea
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Sullivan Gotcha Day

Post by CoraP. »

Yes, it would be interesting to know what Sullivan thought about Lola! She was a very special girl.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Happy belated, "Gotcha Day" Sullivan!!!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Thanks everyone. I've been on so infrequently lately that I've missed alot on this site. I've been in and out of jobs and the hospital and Sullivan did die in July -- one year from her diagnosis.

In a nutshell, I lost my teaching job last spring because they are closing the school, then I spent the summer in a class and looking for another. I got a job for the Fall, but I didn't like their policy of abusing kids with autism so I quit (and called the state). I subbed for a month and since December I've been the special ed teacher at a small charter school. I LOVE that job, but I've been very ill since Christmas. I'm still having tests, so they don't have the full picture. It started with kidney stones (which are ongoing for me), then that kicked up a small case of pancreatits which I've had intermittently for about 9 years. And that kicked up a severe case of anemia. So it's been tough, but I feel better now.

If I can stay fairly healthy, I'll be back more often.

Debbie
courtsey of Sweetpea
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Pancreantitis is very painful, as are the kidney stones, so I feel for you Deb. Did they zap the stones in submersion? Sorry to be nosey. I am glad you are teaching in a job you love, now take care of yourself!
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Beautiful picture Auddymay.

I'm sort of used to the pain of both the pancreatitis and kidney stones because both are constant. However, I've changed my diet that last couple weeks, so that is helping. I have more tests the next couple week, so I'll know more then if my hemoglobin is up, as well as retesting of body parts. The total lack of energy is the hardest part for me.

Of course, one of the greatest nightmares of my life has happened -- no more chocolate. Also the diet to manage the kidney stones hurts my pancreas. And the diet to build my hemoglobin hurts the kidney stones, so no winning. My urologist has me on potassium, so that's also helping with the stones.

Thanks and I'll keep you posted.
courtsey of Sweetpea
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

My bad Deb, I'm have succumb to senility, ok?
Angel kisses for Sullivan on Gotcha day.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!