new feature idea

Request for addtional forums, features, etc.

Moderator: chowadmin

boot
Rank 0
Rank 0

new feature idea

Post by boot »

Not sure where to fit this in but...although there are lots of great forums here on chow health, training, etc., I would like to see a section on "Things to keep in mind when getting a puppy."

I envision a list of things that people looking for a new pet should keep an eye out for; this wouldn't necessarily be a forum topic, but perhaps a list located along with the topics (perhaps under "Chows wanted, Chows looking for a home, so it might catch those folks' eyes).

Basically, I am appalled at the number of people who still buy from mass breeders or pet stores. I just saw two posts referencing the great puppy someone got from such-and-such breeder - this is the same guy who advertises "Puppies available most times." I wonder if these people are uninformed or just choose to look the other way.

This could be an effort to perhaps better enlighten people before they buy (instead of being left only to bang our heads against the wall and explain why this is a problem after they bought from a pet store/puppy mill/broker).