How to Post Photos

Request for addtional forums, features, etc.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

How to Post Photos

Post by Auddymay »

With so many new members, the problem with how to post photos has come up again. I've IM'd a few people with instructions I posted on March 13th. Unfortunately, I posted in General Discussion, and the post rotated back. I'm hoping that putting it in a lower traffic area will keep it accessible.

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:28 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join photobucket, a free image hosting site. Add photos to your Photo bucket album, per the site instructions.

1.In the main album, right below the picture you wish to post from photobucket to this site is a hidden box that is exposed when you move your cursor over the photo. If you wish to only post one photo, move your cursor over the rectangle across from IMG code. LEFT click this box, and it will turn blue, and a little gold box will pop up that says 'copied'.

At this point, you can Come back to this site, start a posting box, and after you write a little intro to your photo, RIGHT click and choose copy. Your code should insert in the box. If you wish to see if it worked correctly, click the preview and it will show you what will appear when you click the submit button. If everything looks good, click submit and you are done. If some of your photo is cut off, it is too big! :oops:

2. In the event your photo is too big in the preview or the post, go back to your main album and left click the photo to bring it up individually. As you move the cursor toward your photo, a gray task bar will appear above the photo. Touch the resize catagory, and a drop menu will appear. Choose the large option, and click it. Photobucket will give you a message asking if you are sure, because it is permanent- you select yes, because it only changes the copy at Photobucket, not the original on your computer. :wink: At this point, if you have already posted the photo at CC.org, it will automatically resize it here, though you may not see the difference until your next visit. If you have to get your links, they are to the right of the resized photo, near the bottom of the page.

3. If you have a group of photos you wish to post at once, go to the main album where the photos are displayed. Touch your cursor over the photos you want in the group, and check the box at the top left of the appearing menu. This will be your photo name followed by .jpg. Do this with each photo you wish to post, and scroll to the bottom of the page and click generate html code. This will then take you to a new page with codes.

4. Go to the 4th selection, JPG images for message boards and click it. It should blue highlight, and say 'copied' in a little yellow box. You can now post your photos the same way you would for a single photo at CC.org.

NOTE: It is good to check each photo individually for size as you put them in your photobucket albums. Also, if you think you may enjoy posting alot of photos online, BEFORE YOU LINK FROM PHOTOBUCKET TO A SECOND SITE, create sub-albums and label them clearly. Move your photos into the sub-albums. Once you post any photo, you have created a link directly to that sight from Photobucket. Think of it as an ambilical cord. If you move the photo in Photobucket, maybe to tidy up, you will break the link. Also, You can have hundreds and hundreds of photos on Photobucket your band usuage is based on active links-that is, people actively viewing your photos. You never need to worry that you will need to delete older photos to make room for more. Here is my usuage, as you can see, Photobucket is quite generous.

Username Auddymay
Account Type Free
Member Since 11/02/2005
Total Pictures and Videos 972
Monthly Hits 4830
Album Size
158 MB (15%) of
1 GB
Monthly Bandwidth
409 MB (1%) of
25 GB

I am assuming you probably already know some of this, but maybe not! Many people are self taught on computers and might find step by steps helpful.

good luck!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

I use Glowfoto. Do you know how I can post the link to a particular album?
I copied the url to an email and sent it to myself but I couldn't open up the link and figure it wouldn't work on this site either.
Thanks! Karen
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

http://www.glowfoto.com/users/Auddymay/ ... p?aid=3100

Okay, this is what I did. I uploaded a photo, blue highlighted the address, then went to Edit on my toolbar, and cut. Then I started a reply and pasted. To make it show me the 'linkage' I had to preview, and touch the address.

Frankly, I think Photobucket is much more user friendly. I couldn't even turn my photo to show in the right direction with Glophoto. Maybe I'm just used to Photobucket!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Thanks, I'll try that or move on to Photobucket.
What a cute picture - even sideways :lol:

Karen
gerbie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gerbie »

Any suggestion how I can minimize the size of my photo?
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

If you are at Photobucket, Click the edit button below the photo, it will give you resizing options.
Sy's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Testing

Post by Sy's Mom »

I am trying to upload a photo. Just signed up for Photobucket and here is my photo.

Deliblack
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Deliblack »

Help:)) I know how to get a photo I want to use as an "avatar" from photobucket by copying the link , but I can then only post it as a photo on forum , how do I get it into my Avatar box ??? Thanks for any help ..
Perhaps better if someone could PM me , then I know I have had a reply..
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Deliblack wrote:Help:)) I know how to get a photo I want to use as an "avatar" from photobucket by copying the link , but I can then only post it as a photo on forum , how do I get it into my Avatar box ??? Thanks for any help ..
Perhaps better if someone could PM me , then I know I have had a reply..
Hi,

Put a post in Avatar Submissions (section right below this one) asking Admin to add your photobucket link (provide link in note) and then he'll reply after he adds it to the gallery. When it's in the gallery you can choose it using your profile/setup.

Hope that helps!
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
VioletD
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: How to Post Photos

Post by VioletD »

Thanks! Here's a picture of Koko I'm sending as practice!
Violet
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

:D I upgraded the instructs, If someone new uses them, let me know if I made any errors, or if I was unclear about anything so I can fix it.
csmbentley
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by csmbentley »

Can you use flickr to post pictures on here?
The Bentleys
chowadmin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by chowadmin »

Yes you can post photos that are hosted on Flickr. Simply grab the image URL. Here is an example from my Flickr photostream.

And here is the code I used to post the photo:

Code: Select all

[img]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6179/6163131778_97e204b5ab.jpg[/img]
Best regards,

ChowChow.org Administrator

Join the ChowChow.org Facebook Fan Page and follow on Twitter @chowchoworg
Clayton01
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Clayton01 »

Hi, I Must say thanks for sharing the method how to share a photo in the post. Actually there are a lot of people who didn't know I am also one of them. so I also heard that we can share an online photo. so please tell me about it too. thanks in advance.

Quality, Innovation and Customer Service
Last edited by Clayton01 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

Cant find the URL on Photobucket eversince they changed its format. :( anyone knows where to find that code?