I need someone to take my dog

For people/groups offering Chow Chow rescue and help.

Moderator: chowadmin

Erik Scheibe

I need someone to take my dog

Post by Erik Scheibe »

My dog is 7 yrs old, is a beautiful cream colored chow and I have to get rid of her. She has never even snapped at a person, but has twice bitten other dogs. If she has oppty to get out, she'll run and I can't manage the risk anymore. Other than running and going after other dogs, she is the perfect dog, never goes in the house (she went once when we first got her as a puppy and hasn't gone since), and has never chewed on anything. I am desperate!!! I decided we had to get rid of her two years ago and have been procrastinating because my 18 year old daughter will be crushed. Big problem now is that I have a 4 year old son and when summer comes along, I can't count on him never opening the door without shutting it behind him. No charge and she's been well taken care of. I'll send a picture but she's gorgeous which is how I got duped into buying her for my daughter 7 years ago without knowing anything about the nature of chows. Pure bred but no paperwork (never expected to have to give her up). Please help! 631-848-3452 ask for Erik Scheibe
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

If you're on Long Island, have you contacted the Chow Chow Rescue in Queens for advice/help?

Excerpt:
"PET ADOPTION LEAGUE INC
GREATER NEW YORK AREA"

"We are a non profit all volunteer animal rescue group. We are also Chow Chow rescue for the New York area. We operate completely on donations which then goes directly to the care and welfare of our wonderful rescues. We are proud to be a participating organization of the Mayor's Alliance for NYC animals. Originally part of Pet Adoption League in NJ, we have become an independent organization and concentrate on animals in NY

We are located in Eastern Queens, near the Nassau border. We are convienant to the LIE, Grand Central Pkwy,Northern State Parkway and Cross Isleand Pkwy. Please call for specific directions from your location.

PET ADOPTION LEAGUE INC
GREATER NEW YORK AREA

Queens Long Island NY 11426
Phone: (718) 347-0638
Email: PALGNY@aol.com