would love a chow!

For people/groups offering Chow Chow rescue and help.

Moderator: chowadmin

brittzack
Rank 0
Rank 0

would love a chow!

Post by brittzack »

I did not know this was available !I have loved chow ever since l was a little girl! But never had the money to spend on a an animal! They are quite expensive around here! I would love to find a white/cream chow to adopt! There was one melody on here but dont know how to go abouts getting here? Can anyone help me out? I own my home,fence yard, just went off on disability so l need a partner for walks LOL as it seems l have alot more spare time now coming up! I dont want a puppy though as l have a new home and want the dog to be trained for outside! Please if anyone knows of a dog needing a home please email me pics!
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Hang out here on the forum, read posts, keep an eye open on the "Chows who need a home" thread. Usually, if someone is looking for a home for a dog, there is contact info listed.

Rescuing is wonderful. Yes, it saves money, and, more importantly, it saves a life! And you are right about adult dogs already being trained. Tess was a year old when she came to live with us and she was already housebroken and through the chewing stage. Congrats on your decision to rescue a Chow.

Have you ever had a Chow? Be aware that they are different from any other breed of dog. Aloof, independent, and a memory longer than time itself. They respect their owners and expect the same respect in return. In return for your love and respect, you will receiving undying loyalty and the best companion you could ever want (unless you are dying to be smothered with affection and kisses, because most of them won't do that).

In addition to looking here, check out http://www.petfinder.com as many rescues and shelters list their adoptable pets here and you can search for Chows in your area.

Keep in touch and make sure to take lots of pictures when you finally get your Chow! We love pictures and new Chows :D
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
norcalchowrescue
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by norcalchowrescue »

Be sure and check out our website:

http://www.norcalchowrescue.com
cynthia isom
Rank 0
Rank 0

pure chow

Post by cynthia isom »

:?: I have a 8 year cinnamon colored chow I am moving and can't take her she is gentle and is fixed and has all current shots are you interested she is free to a loving home,contact at isomcynthia12@hotmail.com picture on request

cyndi
Last edited by cynthia isom on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Where do you live? Do you have a picture to post?
mistyb12
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: would love a chow!

Post by mistyb12 »

Hello,
I do not know if you have found a loving Chow but I would like to tell you about my Chow Chow just in case. I have a Cinnamon colored Chow, purebred from champion line, male, 3 years old named Xavier. We have papers on him but we have never registered him with AKC. He is really a sweet boy. Sadly my military husband is being sent overseas and we are not allowed to take him. It does break our hearts because we love him. I want to make sure he is given to a home and family or person that knows Chows and will love and protect him. We are not asking for money for him but instead a promise of a loving home. If you or someone you know is interested please email me. We are right outside of Knoxville TN but would have no problem bringing our boy to you. Thank you for your time and for loving Chows.
Misty and Seann Lindsey
Xavier
Xavier
xavier.jpg (88.49 KiB) Viewed 10797 times
jenbarone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: would love a chow!

Post by jenbarone »

I don't know if you got a chow yet but if you look under the forum for Chows that need homes I have a cream and white 4yr old female that I desperatly need a home for. I have the forum titled Aggressive chow but I fully believe that if she had one owner with no kids and someone to give her the attention that she needs she will be a great dog. Read the posts that others who are more experienced with this breed have to say regarding her temperment. There is also a photo attached.

My husband and I are desperate to give her a home as right now our only alternative is the pound. I live in South Florida but would be willing to help with the expense of sending her somewhere. I don't know where you are but if you are in Florida (that would be too easy lol) then I can drive her where ever.

Please let me know and feel free to contact me at jenbarone1@yahoo.com

Thanks
Jennifer