Chow rescue

For people/groups offering Chow Chow rescue and help.

Moderator: chowadmin

kimdavfl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow rescue

Post by kimdavfl »

My mother has a 12 year old chow. I could not convince her not to tie the dog up, as she is convinced that the dog will attack someone - although I do not believe this. I regularly visited and walked the dog, but no longer live in Florida. Mom would like to send the dog to a shelter but having recently interacted with him realized he deserves a home - he is now receptive to affection. Would like to make a one-time donation to a chow rescue center to see about getting "Chucky" a home. What do I do?
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

I would post in the chows that need a home section. If you need a shelter it will take allot of work on your part. I would contact them by phone or in person if possible.
Good Luck.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
alarkin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alarkin »

I would love to meet him.
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

what part of florida is the dog in? that might help make a difference.

Your best bet would be to find a home that is looking for a companion dog for their chow or another dog that is laid back or be willing to drive him a longer distance to get into a foster home based rescue that would be willing to take him on and specializes in chows. If the dog is taken to the pound, he will very well likely be euthanized. There are so many dogs and being a chow, and a senior to boot will most likely get overlooked. They just don't do well at pounds and unless very young their aloofness will be interpreted as being afraid or being a possible fear biter. Or like one i tried to save - they said "she wasn't friendly enough".
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

crossposted.

alarkin is in florida and asked to find out how to help chows - so hopefully you can hook up...
kimdavfl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow in Florida - Chucky

Post by kimdavfl »

Hi,

Chucky is in Auburndale, Fl, approximately 40 miles west of Orlando area. I'm home on business so I've made it my priority to check in on him and walk him. If I weren't so busy I would get a pic posted online. Wish I could take him back with me to Arizona, but the temp. there is way too hot for a chow, not to mention flight would be too stressful for a dog his age.