Chow Rescue in Illinois Assisting locally and nationwide

For people/groups offering Chow Chow rescue and help.

Moderator: chowadmin

Illinois Chow Rescue
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow Rescue in Illinois Assisting locally and nationwide

Post by Illinois Chow Rescue »

Hi! Just wanted to introduce ourselves here. Some of you may already know us from Petfinder.com, Chow Chow rescue web rings or from our website.

We are a pb Chow rescue 25 miles west of Chicago. You can find us on Petfinder Shelter ID IL405 and on our web site at:
http://www.ilchowrescue.com
We work locally and nationwide assisting Chows in need. We keep a list of pas and usually have several at any one time. All applicants are fully screened, background checked and home visited. If you have any questions, feel free to email or call us at 630.742.2064 Thanks for helping Chows in need!
Rescuing one Chow doesn't change the world, but it changes the world for that one Chow......
crazy4chows
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by crazy4chows »

Hi. Where exactly in Illinois are you located? We live in a Northwest suburb of Chicago. Please let me know if you need volunteers to assist with anything. I've been volunteering at an animal shelter but have been looking for a local Chow rescue group to get involved with. Thanks.
Carolyn217
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Carolyn217 »

Holy Cow, am I glad I stumbled onto this. I am a director and foster home for a small all-breed humane association http://www.animalheartline.org ... right now we have two mostly Chow pups available for adoption. Other than being quite shy (but both are like normal dogs after a week in their foster homes - I'm fostering one), they are AWESOME ... already housebroken, crate trained, non destructive, quiet and good with ALL (cats, dogs, kids).

These are awesome boys and no one is giving them a glance because they are Chow ...

Can you link us?

Carolyn
Illinois Chow Rescue
Rank 0
Rank 0

Information

Post by Illinois Chow Rescue »

Hi, Sorry I have not been on this site in a while.
Please, if you ever are in need of assistance call the rescue's number at 630. 742.2064 We assist pb Chows.
Laurie
Rescuing one Chow doesn't change the world, but it changes the world for that one Chow......
Diane Hart
Rank 0
Rank 0

3 year old Chow needs rescue

Post by Diane Hart »

Hello, I have a 95 year old neighbor who has owned Chows all of her life, consistently. She purchased a puppy chow 3 years ago, against everyone's expressions. Her health has not been what is needed to take care of this dog. Finally, she is near ready to let him go.
Toi Lee is a black chow with all of his shots,etc. He has had minimal training and is trained to go on papers or outside. He has lived most of the time without outside exercise, staying with the senior 24/7. He has nipped at her periodically, and last month bit a neighbor friend and her arm both when they returned from being away all day.
My experience with Toi Lee has been pleasant, playful and always enjoyable. I have taken Toi Lee from the home before, with no problem. I am alot younger and show assertiveness whenever I am with Toi Lee, unlike her as she is not feeling well often.
I am willing to drive Toi Lee to neighboring states. Does anyone have any suggestions? Diane Hart
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Diane,

Kudos to you for reaching out to help chows in need.
We need more folks like you!
It is always a help if you post photos and tell us where you are located.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!