Need to place Chow - Western PA area

For people/groups offering Chow Chow rescue and help.

Moderator: chowadmin

eliyasj
Rank 0
Rank 0

Need to place Chow - Western PA area

Post by eliyasj »

Hi, I have a 3 year old chow named Givenchy. He is neutured and comes from a champion line. He is red and about 60lb. He is showing aggression toward my smaller dog (requiring stitches) and cat (chased like a squirrel). He is good with our children (9 and 7) but has shown aggression to their friends (growling and snapping.) This is my fourth chow. He is submissive, and will roll on his back, liking his tummy rubbed. He does not react to taking food from his mouth, he does not like to be groomed by professionals, but takes a brushing nicely. He has alot of playful puppy in him, but I think he needs one owner without kids who can devote alot of time to him. He is a wonderfully protective dog, and it breaks my heart that I have to find him a new home.

If interested let me know. I will check this posting regularly.

Thanks,

John
eliyasj
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Need to place Chow - Western PA area

Post by eliyasj »

BTW I will post a picture shortly, and I am willing to drive to neighboring states to place "G" in a loving environment.
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Hi John,

So sorry to hear you have to find a new home for Givenchy. :(

Just a thought/suggestion – you might have more success in finding him a home if you put this post in the “Chow Chows That Need a Home” forum. More people might read it there. (Where you currently have it posted - is more for rescue groups)

Wishing you my best in finding him a good home. My heart goes out to you for having to give him up.

Take care
Pam
eliyasj
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by eliyasj »

Will do and thanks!