need to place black chow (7 years old) in a new home

For people/groups offering Chow Chow rescue and help.

Moderator: chowadmin

Damian

need to place black chow (7 years old) in a new home

Post by Damian »

I own a Black Chow. He has been with the family for 6 years and is 7 years old. He was acquired from another family that did not have room for two male dogs, the other being a pit bull. Blu has been fine until recently where he has bitten both my wife and myself.

She was playing with him and trying to get him to "speak" when he turned on her and bite her arm.

Three weeks later I was brushing him when I hit a tender spot. He bit my finger, my arm and my hand before I was able to get away from him. I have three children and can not take the risk that he will not turn on one of them especially the 9 year old. The dog has always been protective of members of the family and this is a new turn for him.

does anyone know of a group that can help place Blu. We currently reside in Central NJ between NYC and Philadelphia. Any help is greatly appreciated. My email is Dameen5086@aol.com
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Have you taken him to the vet to make sure he does not have something going on that would make him have a sudden change of behavior? Did something tramatic happen recently?

this is a good site for you to visit for info
http://www.chowwelfare.com/cciw/findhome.htm
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
chris

Post by chris »

Agreed, take him to the vet. He could be hurt and when you touch the area he obviously doesn't like it. (arthritus sp?)
Keep us posted. It doesn't sound wright.. he turned 2 times and all of the sudden. Was he growling and baring teeth? did he give a warrning?
What is his normal behavior like?